Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to see CA go but I did fear his time was coming to an end. He is a great manager but Everton were not a good fit for him, and him for Everton.

He is a short term manager, with short term goals and short term building strategies. He has excellent expertise with established top teams, with quick turn arounds.

We need to look at a manager with hunger, someone with a point to prove, who will see Everton as that opportunity. Also someone who will rally the fans in the way Carlo did.

Lots of managers fit that profile. As great as they are, I think the big names like Conte, Sarri would be more temporary fixes. Moyes, Benitez and Gerrard would not win the fans either.

A project for the new manager, might also mean a project for us, in giving a young manager a platform to learn and make mistakes. Vieira, Lampard, Pirlo, Potter or Howe would all be interesting moves. Young managers with a point to prove.

OK but there was some progress overall, but your point is he did a lot of that early into his regime and didn't kick on?
I wouldn't even say a lot. But yes.

He basically made progress from Silva to his first game. And then from his first game to his second to last (let's ignore getting smacked by City) we were the same team. I genuinely think if you watched Burnley on boxing day and the Wolves game back to back you'd think they were a week apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back