Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we picked up a lot more points in that time than the team before, so we must have made progress?
If you're drawing a line graph we went up immediately in the first 3 weeks, flatlined, spiked at the start of this season and flatline the rest of the way. So sure if you're happy with those immediate three weeks than that is progress but for me no being in the same spot we were 18 months ago doesn't count.

I don't actually want Ancelotti to leave. But if he's gone, and it looks like he is, we might as well just go full reboot and build a new team from scratch. The squad needs an overhaul, and there's no point in getting a big name, because it apparently carries no extra weight with our fans. If so many can't get behind Carlo Ancelotti, who do we get?

The level of delusion is off the charts and the only cure is to brutally manage expectations and go back to basics. If we can't challenge, then run the club as a business the way other clubs do.
Whatever the justification, it's a mind bogglingly dumb idea.

Mate, stop with this weird thing you have that people weren't behind Carlo.

95% of people are gutted. They just weren't all of the idea that he couldn't be criticised or questioned. Let's face it, the footy has been crap but results have been alright. The frustration is that we wanted to see where he could take us but now it looks like that's gone and so will our best player - and it just makes it all look like more of a mess.

People were behind Carlo. For whatever reason - and at least a big part of this must be on the club - he's now binned us off. Well, that's down to him too.

Nobody has forced Carlo out of Everton. He's walked out on us.
This

CgAGVWAmve2AVvjvAABBfYu3yCQ867.jpg~2.webp

I don't actually want Ancelotti to leave. But if he's gone, and it looks like he is, we might as well just go full reboot and build a new team from scratch. The squad needs an overhaul, and there's no point in getting a big name, because it apparently carries no extra weight with our fans. If so many can't get behind Carlo Ancelotti, who do we get?

The level of delusion is off the charts and the only cure is to brutally manage expectations and go back to basics. If we can't challenge, then run the club as a business the way other clubs do.
Then, I really don’t see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back