Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Will someone think of the children...

The on-the-quiet counter-briefing from the club in the next few days will be incredible. Expect the Athletic and that goblin at the Echo to run with

• How it was Davide taking training
  • Carlo and Brands disagreeing on transfers
  • James all Carlo's idea and upsetting the dressing room

Followed by how Jon-Joe is geared up for the new season ready to prove his worth to the new manager and how playing in a huge demanding league like the SPL and watching videos of Cafu has improved his game.

Tosun can still be a ‘crucial’ player for Everton.

Delph vows to put injuries behind him.

Sigurdsson thrilled at extension and plans to retire at the club.

Gomes rejects move to Accrington.

Gonna be a great summer.

If we get a new manager they need time,
Do they, though? Time for what? To win the league? We're not going to do that. We should be looking to hire somebody who can get us into seventh and Europe within two seasons. It's not the biggest task in the world. If they can, they'll probably be poached and we'll need a new coach. If they can't, they'll probably be sacked and we'll need a new coach. Above all else, we need a club with a strong, competent, and empowered director of football. If we have that, we can worry a little less about our shorter-term staff, like coaches who will come and go whether we win or lose.

Carlo has proven his critics right with this move. They said he couldn’t build a side and needed established stars. This decision suggests they were correct and he had little confidence in his own ability to deliver on the ‘project’ and to be in charge at our new stadium. He loses a lot of credibility and tarnished his reputation for integrity with this move.
We will never know for sure. My view is he was lied to and we have no money, so why stick around when there's nothing to build.

Just goes to show, you can’t just throw money at something, expecting things to all just fall into place. Morshiri really should have cleared out everyone when he first purchased the club. He really doesn’t have a clue.
Moshiri missed the boat years ago when City came in. That’s when he should of been throwing his dough around. Unfortunately too many loaded clubs now that you don’t stick out like City did at the time.

Half the team needs binning off. The football won’t change next season because Carlo is gone I 100% guarantee you that. We were playing the exact same way prior to Carlos appointment - but for two ‘let’s be it up for it’ games under Ferguson and then as we seen against Arsenal they soon reverted back. Team isn’t good enough and gutless.
Well if the football isn't going to change and we were playing exactly the same before he came then what's everyone getting so worked up about? If a manager has no impact on how we play etc then why does it matter who it is?

He'll be gone in a year.

I have a feeling he knows this too.

Which is all the more worrying that he's still prepared to leave.

Either he's a total mercenary out for another quick payday in the sun.

Or the project isn't what he anticipated it to be and he's getting out before it turns sour.

What a heel turn in fairness.

Even Triple H would blush.

Actually not the worst analogy

I get that this is how football works these days, but it leaves a bad taste and I've lost some of my respect for the man.

I don't blame him for joining Real Madrid, but if you call out clubs forming a breakaway then join the club ran by the ringleader, then you can't complain if you are called out. It is a bit hypocritical.

Maybe he's seen the payouts all the other Everton managers get for being terrible and realised they would never sack him so is going to a club that will definitely do so within 12 months?

Does he though? He's appointed Carlo, but before that Koeman, Silva and Allardyce. He's interviewed O'Neill and Moyes for the job. He's not a serious individual in football terms.

Let's see where he goes next.
Of course he wants success here, he’s backed poor managers with huge amounts of money and been badly let down With results. New managerial approach needed but I’m not quite sure what it is. I heard a pundit say we should have had Arteta and Arsenal should have had Ancelotti tbh they had a point, wrong managers at the wrong teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back