Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, lets be honest... he was just as crap as our previous managers in terms of performances, it was just nice to have someone famous and respected in charge as it let us falsely believe we were moving forward.

He was here for the pay cheque and bailed on the project as soon as he got a better offer, the massive tax cheating tory.

So what compensation package we'll get...33 millions bearing in mind he had 3 more years remaining at 11 millions per year...oh forgot this is Everton.. bet you we are still paying him half his wages!

I think there will be no compensation or, at least, not a big one, remember the James free-deal last summer.

It is a weenie hut junior move by Carlo. But I understand at the same time. La Liga is up for grabs really and it’s his chance for more silverware. Any manager would bounce

Please anyone give me any positives from his appointment in the first place? He has never dealt with average players! He is okay with star players. He was no better than Big Sam!

Do they, though? Time for what? To win the league? We're not going to do that. We should be looking to hire somebody who can get us into seventh and Europe within two seasons. It's not the biggest task in the world. If they can, they'll probably be poached and we'll need a new coach. If they can't, they'll probably be sacked and we'll need a new coach. Above all else, we need a club with a strong, competent, and empowered director of football. If we have that, we can worry a little less about our shorter-term staff, like coaches who will come and go whether we win or lose.
Win the league no as we are so far from that no point even thinking about that yet. But to be competitive season in and season out for Europe yes and need to win a trophy.

We appointed Ancelotti and let him head into a fresh new season with no right sided players what so ever, no cover at right back and one striker, when injuries kicked in we expected him to work wonders, when he reached the mid way point of the season he by some miracle had us sitting 4th, knowing we needed additions they (the board) said here you go Carlo how does Joshua King who’s hardly played for Bournemouth this season sound mate? That enough to get us into Europe?
I reckon he thought he would waltz in a managing Everton would be easy, hes found out now he’s no better that Martinez,Koeman,Silva but like Mourinho at Spurs. So called top managers wangled top jobs early In there managerial career so they have always had good players and money to work with. When the6 come to wannabee big clubs like Everton they get found out. That’s what’s happened to Carlos so he’s jumped ship back to a big club to mask over the face he failed miserably at Everton.

Does make me wonder why Howe who was about to sign for Celtic suddenly pulled out, Poor Celtic have scrambled and ended up with a coach from Australia.

It's going to be Howe isn't it, on the sole reasons he was an Evertonian growing up and they will not be any compensation to pay.

Sorry I should have been clearer, he walked out on PSG the first time he joined Madrid.

I don't remember the deets, i guess he could have left PSG without them sacking him, but his book says Leonardo told him the management wanted to fire him halfway through the season, and they lost trust in each other.

My original point was that he never left a club (except AC) without them firing him, but I think in this case, he may as well have been fired, because the club didn't want him.

Please anyone give me any positives from his appointment in the first place? He has never dealt with average players! He is okay with star players. He was no better than Big Sam!

Think he realised he's totally out of his depth here. People were saying when he first got here that he couldn't succeed unless he already had a world class squad at his disposal. At the time I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but they were right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back