Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that I find the whole episode mildly amusing seemingly confirms that I’ve totally given up being bothered by this joke of a club!

Struggled to even watch us on tele last year because the “football” was so dismal and turgid so I certainly won’t be sad to see someone else come in.

His away record with fans is a shambles though.

Is it?

We played 6 league away games under Carlo before the pandemic hit.

Newcastle - won 2-1
City - lost 2-1
West Ham - drew 1-1
Watford - won 3-2
Arsenal - lost 3-2
Chelsea - lost 4-0

We only then played one away game in front of fans this season, the City game, which was obviously dreadful.

So three defeats, two wins, two draws from 7 total league away games under CA that had fans in.

Hardly a shambles.

I agree with a lot of where you come from on Carlo and think the stick you get is out of order mate, but it is worth checking things over before posting.

Is it?

We played 6 league away games under Carlo before the pandemic hit.

Newcastle - won 2-1
City - lost 2-1
West Ham - drew 1-1
Watford - won 3-2
Arsenal - lost 3-2
Chelsea - lost 4-0

We only then played one away game in front of fans this season, the City game, which was obviously dreadful.
So three defeats, two wins, two draws from 7 total league away games under CA that had fans in

Hardly a shambles.

I agree with a lot of where you come from on Carlo and think the stick you get is out of order mate, but it is worth checking things over before posting.
I think that's a shambles.

7 points from 7 with a -9 GD.

I think that's a shambles.

7 points from 7 with a -9 GD.

Well you look at who we played in that run, though?

City, Arsenal, Chelsea, with fans, when footy was normal. I never watched that Chelsea game - one of the only matches of ours I've missed in however long - but know it was awful. The Arsenal game, we switched off twice from individual errors. City was what, his 3rd game?

All about context.

Anyway, he's gone now.

P8 W3 D1 L4

Including City x2, Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal

Hardly a shambles

EDIT: Possible that there weren't fans for the Leicester game this season
There weren't.

I think the point I was trying to make was simply don't expect the away form to continue to be this with fans just as we shouldn't the home form. And these numbers show that whether it is a shambles or not.

There weren't.

I think the point I was trying to make was simply don't expect the away form to continue to be this with fans just as we shouldn't the home form. And these numbers show that whether it is a shambles or not.
I wasn't even making a point about Ancelotti in the first place, just using his tenure to highlight the whole "toxic Goodison" thing doesn't appear to have legs...

And, yes, to show that under the closest to normal circumstances that we experienced during Ancelotti's reign, things didn't look too bad.

Gutted and embarassed.

Ffs Everton. Doomed to finished tenth with zero goal difference for eternity. Who placed the curse on us and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back