Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost a lot of respect for the bloke. Not that he’ll care, like, but it’s the way he’s just p****d off and left us holding our collective c****
Now, us being so utterly hopeless and useless as to have banked everything on Ancelotti is clearly also an issue - which isn’t on Ancelotti. Similar to how Ancelotti choosing to bank his out creativity on James, who couldn’t stay fit, isn’t on James

I still think Favre of manages who are available would suit us. Has an identity / style of play, always happy to blood youth

I do need to read up more on why it went wrong at Dortmund, though

Although on paper Favre seems to be a decent choice...hes another manager over 60 and failed at Dortmund in terms of league progress. Got mauled by Dortmund after a poor run and left them in 5th.

I think we either need to aim for a young manager who has already won silverware and done something at a club which no other managers have done (Gallardo/Amorim) or we go for another big name like Ancelotti but younger who can attract the players.

Gone from being gutted to damned angry now.

There were people who were getting fed up of Carlo but I had backed him and was convinced he would do better next year despite a poor one this.

Feel a fool now.

Dropped us like a stone. We were nothing to him and it hurts cos for a short time he was everything to us and just for once it felt like we were back.

Devvod.
Don’t think most were getting fed up. We wanted to see better but fully understood he couldn’t polish a turd.

He’s ditched us. He shouldn’t get our respect for it.

but, at the same time, the club is clearly a mess

There are arguments to be made for both sides as to the quality of his performance as manager but he gave the club and the current project a certain legitimacy it hasn't had for some time prior to his arrival.

The next appointment will tell us more about how this "project" is viewed by the football world post Ancelotti and how much or if he improved our stature at all. Who we can attract both as a manager and players this window with him gone will be quite telling.

Personally, I am somewhat ambivalent about the situation. I liked Carlo quite a bit but 10th is poor and the lack of desire shown by the majority of the team at the end of the season left a sour taste.

There were people who were getting fed up of Carlo but I had backed him and was convinced he would do better next year despite a poor one this.

Feel a fool now.

Dropped us like a stone. We were nothing to him and it hurts cos for a short time he was everything to us and just for once it felt like we were back.

Devvod.
Couldn’t have put it better. Quite honestly this day has confirmed to me what many knew for a while, football is just a business, the players, managers and owners only care for one person and that’s themselves.

The fans mean nothing to them, doesn’t matter if you’re someone who’s had a season ticket for 25 years, someone who gets up at 4am to watch half way across the world or someone who was spent their life loving a football club.

What absolutely kills me is there are obvious snakes and parasites in the world of football, Mino Raiola, Allardyce, Perez who’s now back with Carlo after sacking him all those years ago as well as the gang of scum along with him that all tried to take football away from us not too long ago. At the very least though these people are clear and honest about what they are.

Carlo Ancelotti, a man of great respect, class, a real footballing man, he’s just as bad as the rest of them. Words mean nothing from these liars. It’s all just lip service until they can get to their next multi million pound bonus.

The thing that hurts most with Carlo is he could’ve coasted here quite easily, get us consistently into the Europa League, challenge for the CL but miss out and go on cup runs. He’d have been treated like royalty by us, instead he chose to opt to go back to Madrid, who are in crisis, where they’ll hound him out if he gets only second in the league.

He literally had a free pass to do anything with us, look at him now he just finished 10th and he’s gone to Madrid, it doesn’t matter how good or bad he would’ve done with us. If anything getting us consistently into Europe would’ve been seen as a great accomplishment for him and he’d have been paid a kings ransom to do it.

I’ve rambled here now I know but it just hurts that this is indeed just the state of football and nothing will change it. It’s been a long day which is upsetting and angering. It is my hope that if Carlo has any integrity at all he’ll look back one day and say it was either a mistake to come here in the first place or instead say it was a mistake to leave because if he doesn’t then quite frankly it will have been a quick money grab which should be above a coach of his pedigree.

Onto the next one anyway, I think it’ll be tough though. Martinez was the first manager in my life that I truly thought loved the club more than anything and despite his shortcomings I’ll always have a soft spot for him and wish him well, with Carlo every positive word he’s said about us I can’t see as nothing but a PR spin lie. I want us to be a success more than anything and want to see us win something in my lifetime but I’ll take someone who may not be the greatest manager ever like Martinez than a “winner” who’s come for us for nothing more than the amount of 0’s in his contract like Carlo.

I truly just want to feel positive about the team I’ve supported since I was a boy almost 20 years ago and that’s all, anything with success and trophies is a bonus honestly.

I want a football club that will make me smile and be something to be proud of. I’ll never not love Everton but football is becoming something I’m starting to despise.

Honestly, I've called him a Fossil and said he was pathetic, maybe its just the idea of him I liked more than the reality of it all, no hard feelings, Ancelotti is a Legendary manager but in my opinion the game has left him behind, especially in a fast competitive league like the Prem.

Just goes to show, you can’t just throw money at something, expecting things to all just fall into place. Morshiri really should have cleared out everyone when he first purchased the club. He really doesn’t have a clue.

We're about the 7th biggest spenders in the league. We're no Man City.

Here is a post that was left on Ancelottis facebook page. I would have to fully agree with the sentiments expressed by this gentleman.

Didn't take long did it.
What annoys us is we bought into your lies, your bullsh*t.
How you wanted to be here for the future, moving into our stadium with us. Taking us to wherever.
We trusted you and you were nothing but a snake.
The [Poor language removed] football you've played all season as well and I supported you like the divvy I am.
We were just a stepping stone for you.
Good riddance Carlo.

View attachment 129056

'kin laughing stock too over this. Never felt so low supporting us. There's nothing positive about the club. No apparent direction at all.
Why did anyone expect anything different? He was only at Goodison for the big paycheck. All the talk about the long term project and waiting to play at BMD were just that. Talks and PR fed to him by the clubs PR. He obviously couldn't say the truth about him only being at Everton for the money. As soon as a big club came calling with a comparative maybe even better offer, off he went.

It is massively disappointing given what he has said in the past. Just don't he ever expected another shot at Real

Feel a fool now.

Devvod.

this was the biggest snake move I’ve seen in sports. He left a club that wanted him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back