Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

But the thing is we did put our faith in him,

And would have continued to do so.

I was less than impressed by what we had seen thus far, but I would never have wanted rid of him.

He has gone of his own volition ..... he wasn’t sacked by the club or forced out by the fans.

No point us moping over it.

And the best way I can get over it is by trusting my own eyes and saying that, although he has been a great manager in the past, he wasn’t very good when he was here.

And that I for one won’t look back on the Carlo era with any great affection :(
This club finished 12th and 10th under Ancelotti. But i was willing to give him a chance, and i did believe that he would turn us around. Unlike Koeman Ancelotti did speak with affection towards Everton. But i suppose you could say Koeman was being genuine with his apathy towards the club, and disdain towards the fans. We knew where we stood with him, and he was disliked by the fans as well.

But Ancelotti played us all for a bunch of suckers, talking about how he wants to be here for the new stadium, and how Everton is his family, and how he loves life on merseyside. Ancelotti is a great manager, although we saw little signs of that Everton. But for all this guys sweet talk, in the end he had the amount of affection for Everton as Koeman, and that was sweet f all.

As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Martinez was a failed manager here, but i still like Bobby. He gave this club it's best season since 1994/1995. It's awful sad it didn't work out in the end. I don't hate Marco Silva either. Marco was a nice guy, but the job was too big for him in the end.

It hurts more than it should because I liked and admired Carlo the man, the suave Italian silver Fox.

it hurts to come to this site snd see his photo.

then I get angry with myself that a 62 year old man that I’ve never met taking a different job other than bossing a bunch of other men I’ve never met who make me angry every week when I watch them play poorly at a kids game for more lucre a week then I’ll see in a year, upsets me.

His new bosses won't accept the kind of crud served up here. Expect he may be unemployed in 12 months.

Carlo is likely to have some players at Real Madrid who are slightly better than their Everton counterparts. Doubt they would be capable of playing the way we did.

He's seen that and bottled it!
Ahh well... We were crap before he came!! ... We were crap when he was here!!... And we'll continue to be crap, whoever comes in!!

That's the kind of spirit i can get behind! BOOOOO whoever the next manager is, they will be crap anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back