2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting a manager to feel at home with us.

Deciding not to welcome managers from now on is the wrong lesson to take from this.
Didn't say we should not welcome someone. Just don't welcome him like he won the league for us, that is insane.

We havent been in a legit relegation scrap in about 20 years.

Closest we got was martinez season 2 but I wouldn't call 11th a scrap.

Moyes second season we were like 17th I think? So it would be like 2004
There was the season we hired Allardyce tbf.

Don’t see a big issue with his comments really.

Just close this thread, really. Nothing he says carries any weight. The “relegation fighting” rubbish is just more garbage out of his mouth to pile alongside “the project” and “waiting for a contract extension”. We all fell for it and we are best just moving on.

There is no manager on the planet, with ambition, that would not leave a 10th place team for Real Madrid. Carlo has been fired before many times. He knew if he didn't start well next year he would be gone after 10 games based on our recent history.

He has never won La Liga and Barca is a bit of a mess. Now is his best shot. It is unfinished business for him and he is a proud man with an ego. It was an easy choice.

Do we deserve better, as fans yes, but TV, owners, managers and players have been exploiting and milking our passion for the last 30 years. It's no longer about us its all about using us for their gain.

The more we cry about it the more desperate and sad we look. We were 10th and had no real identity on the pitch.

Time to move on from Carlo.

Won't be missed at all by me, dire and turgid football played by admittedly bang average players. However, he was here to coach and I didn't see anything special in that department. He's Shat on us from a great height and then rubs are noses in it today. His tenure here should be swept under the carpet and forgotten.
I'm more peed off as I completely fell for his BS.

Carlo was the best manager we’ve had since Kendall. You can moan about his home record but this was a strange year and clearly no fans affected plenty of teams including Liverpool.

I was hoping to give him his full contract before judging him but from what I’ve seen so far I was pleased enough. Evertonians have outlandish expectations given we are a fairly small club in modern day football and haven’t won anything for 25 plus years. He had 18 months and it looked like with a decent summer we would have moved up a level again. A big deal was the mentality of the players for Carlo, weak minded bottlers who aren’t up to the top level. It was the difference between top 10 and top 6. So many players don’t have the courage or the confidence to push themselves further and think outside the box. Keane, Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes, Holgate, Iwobi - all weak minded players who shouldn’t be at the club battling for European places, there’s more I could name.

I think most people are right however that Carlo seen his arse with the long term plan and challenge and it was too much of a hassle for him. He’s left us in the lurch completely with zero alternatives in terms of managers who want to take this job on or have the confidence to take it on as well.

Get some Nuno into yis.

Poison.
Won't be missed at all by me, dire and turgid football played by admittedly bang average players. However, he was here to coach and I didn't see anything special in that department. He's Shat on us from a great height and then rubs are noses in it today. His tenure here should be swept under the carpet and forgotten.
Dam. Let's hope we can win at anfield next year. It'll be ticking towards 23 years since we did it.

No manager should be welcomed they way he was. He didn't do anything for us and was hailed with the naive "Carlo Fantastico" chants and banners like he was the Messiah. This should teach us. Never consider anyone bigger than the club. We did consider him that and look what happened. So now, the Messiah has forsaken us. Let's get down our high horses and be more level headed as a fanbase from now on.

Amen to that brother. Cringy kopite behavior. "A saviour is born" etc etc

No more worshipping false Gods.

Apart from Godfrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.