2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was the season we hired Allardyce tbf.

Don’t see a big issue with his comments really.

We finished 8th. We were nowhere near relegation. A bit of bad form at the start of the season isn't a relegation battle.

His comments have annoyed me. Funny considering that our worst position since 2004 was under him.

We finished 8th. We were nowhere near relegation. A bit of bad form at the start of the season isn't a relegation battle.

His comments have annoyed me. Funny considering that our worst position since 2004 was under him.
I don’t think he was saying we were in a relegation battle this season was he?

Can't remember exact wording but he said something along the lines of we were recently battling relegation which is complete lies.

Yeah trying to make out he was a complete success for a club like Everton

IMG-20210602-WA0010.jpg

You know I was thinking about this this morning. We never would have sacked him. He knows it too. Maybe that's the issue. His contract is exactly the same length but he'll almost certainly not see it through. Maybe he just didn't want to manage for another 3 years?
I’m not sure - if we’d started next season like we just ended this one, with crowds back the pressure would have begun to grow. And it’s not as if the football’s been entertaining. I can take losing if we have a go, or being dull while winning. But Ancelloti had produced a team that was both dull and unsuccessful- not a combination we’d put up with for long.

After Christmas who performed beyond expectations? Godfrey, maybe. After him, no one. No one. Our best player didn’t seem to be arsed about turning up to play - James never looked happier than when he was on that private jet flying away from Goodison. Fatigued? FFS. Richarlison, DCL, Digne and others - all good players who just looked miserable and out of form, or injured. Something was fundamentally wrong under Ancelloti and we were too busy being blinded by his elite status and charm to notice. Now he’s gone and we’ve probably saved a fair few quid in compensation in November. And now I’ve had a chance to think about it, I think we’ll come to see it’s a good thing.

There is no manager on the planet, with ambition, that would not leave a 10th place team for Real Madrid. Carlo has been fired before many times. He knew if he didn't start well next year he would be gone after 10 games based on our recent history.

He has never won La Liga and Barca is a bit of a mess. Now is his best shot. It is unfinished business for him and he is a proud man with an ego. It was an easy choice.

Do we deserve better, as fans yes, but TV, owners, managers and players have been exploiting and milking our passion for the last 30 years. It's no longer about us its all about using us for their gain.

The more we cry about it the more desperate and sad we look. We were 10th and had no real identity on the pitch.

Time to move on from Carlo.
Wrong forum mate.

There is no place for realism, just hysterical blokes acting like they’ve been personally betrayed by a heartless beast.

Honestly not that bothered. What else is he going to say?

The bigger issue is it's not just managers who think of us as a family club, not competitive or ambitious in any way.

The players think it too.

Whole club needs reconstructing from top to bottom

Honestly not that bothered. What else is he going to say?

The bigger issue is it's not just managers who think of us as a family club, not competitive or ambitious in any way.

The players think it too.

Whole club needs reconstructing from top to bottom

Well said. We don’t know what is said at executive level between manager and board, manager and squad etc . Not defending Carlo here. It reminds me of Phil Neville’s comments that time, he seemed bemused people were irked by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.