Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing from any of the players.

To be fair they are probably on holiday or with an international team. I would be switching off completely from my job and ignoring all emails during my summer holiday.

But then again the modern footballer does generally (not all obviously) like their social media. So who knows really.

And the other thing that has popped into my head is maybe that the club have told them not to post anything.

Ancelotti...
"Every club has different goals. Real Madrid's goal is to win the Champions League and La Liga. Everton's goal is to try to get a European spot, and a few years ago it was to stay in the Premier League," he said.

Weve already seen how his (and his sons) comments about 'long term' and 'family club' were supported by his book...

Hes already gone against those by jumping ship...

Lost all respect for him.
Agree. I can’t go as far as to wish bad things on him but I suspect I’ll be having a wee smile in 18 months time if they sack him as I suspect . He may do well in his first season but is unlikely to maintain the constant success Real need , one poor first half of the season and he’s gone in time for a young upstart to resurrect their season. I’ve long passed Ancellotti’s age of 61, you don’t lose ambition to do and achieve things , but you do have a sense of what is important in life - family and integrity being up at the top. At 61 you should have achieved a sense of integrity, maybe fulfilment from your previous achievements certainly. Jumping ship at the first offer that comes along will be something that marks out Ancelotti’s career.

Joking aside the robbery to his home would have been traumatising.

Coming from Ireland two things shocked me when I went to university in Liverpool. 1.Concrete, everywhere. Being so used to greenery I couldn’t get my head around the lack of grass (of course this is natural for a city). 2.Crime. Never witnessed petty crime before. Homes here largely unlocked, while in shops the security is minimal.

This reminds me of a comment I saw online about some girl come from England, and being shocked about New York. Almost verbatim.

I reminded her that England has some dodgy areas, and it exactly the same for Ireland. If I rented a property in Dublin, I'm locking my doors.

According to: numbeo
Dublin ranks 13th in the worst place in Europe for crime.

Looking at then rankings, Carlo has already managed in 3 of the worst cities in Europe for crime, Naples (2nd), Turin (4th), and Paris (8th). Let's not also forget London (20th), and Milan (30th).

Liverpool?

55th (right next to Limerick, Ireland).

Like the way you dropped in Alex Ferguson as almost an afterthought :) He will never be equalled. Only Clough who achieved with genuine small clubs can be spoken of in the same breath.
Sorry mate, he definately wasn't an afterthought. He probably should have come 1st on my list. His achievements prove that.

I'm surprised that he was on the radar of a top club after the way it ended for him at Bayern, but then Real are in a strange place with their finances, and maybe he felt as though chances like this aren't going to come around too often now.

The comments he's made since leaving have been a bit snide, though.
Reports coming out last night suggest that he wasn't even in Real's top 3 choices. They contacted Mourinho first even lol

We all need to move on now and concentrate on the future.
His positive legacy is wins at Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.
His negative legacy is the embarrassing home defeats to Bournemouth, Sheff United and the worst home form in recent history and the dire football we had to watch.

His comments yesterday are just words and he’s made himself look a bit foolish as he has contradicted himself a few times.
However, we will never know what’s gone on behind closed doors, so it’s all idle speculation and guess work as to what’s actually happened.

One really positive thing is that the profile has been raised by this appointment and the club should continue to try to appoint another high profile name.

Agree. I can’t go as far as to wish bad things on him but I suspect I’ll be having a wee smile in 18 months time if they sack him as I suspect . He may do well in his first season but is unlikely to maintain the constant success Real need , one poor first half of the season and he’s gone in time for a young upstart to resurrect their season. I’ve long passed Ancellotti’s age of 61, you don’t lose ambition to do and achieve things , but you do have a sense of what is important in life - family and integrity being up at the top. At 61 you should have achieved a sense of integrity, maybe fulfilment from your previous achievements certainly. Jumping ship at the first offer that comes along will be something that marks out Ancelotti’s career.

I also don't want to wish the worst for him, and don't think he's a snake, but it's at least poor judgement and silly that he and Davide made such a big deal of talking about long-term. The UoL lecture, for instance, and then that interview in which he said 'I'm waiting' for a new contract was interesting.

Before he took the Everton job, he MUST have known that big clubs would have vacancies within the next 2 years - they always do - but I didn't realise that Real Madrid was his 'true love' that he would go to dropping everything. It's crazy though, he will not last 3 years at Real - hardly anyone does! They won't show him any loyalty - the first season he doesn't win anything he'll be dumped for Raul or Poch or Klopp or someone. Amazing the way things are.

This reminds me of a comment I saw online about some girl come from England, and being shocked about New York. Almost verbatim.

I reminded her that England has some dodgy areas, and it exactly the same for Ireland. If I rented a property in Dublin, I'm locking my doors.

According to: numbeo
Dublin ranks 13th in the worst place in Europe for crime.

Looking at then rankings, Carlo has already managed in 3 of the worst cities in Europe for crime, Naples (2nd), Turin (4th), and Paris (8th). Let's not also forget London (20th), and Milan (30th).

Liverpool?

55th (right next to Limerick, Ireland).
Yeah, Naples must make Liverpool look like Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back