Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall the last time an Everton manager betrayed us, most of the time they were relieved/sacked... the pragmatic view obviously because these managers can't get another similar job easily and they want their compensation for being sacked.

Some people might say Moyes betrayed us - but he gave it a good go (10 years? 12?) and he was out of contract at the end of it.

The perception is that Carlo ran from the job. There was a recent poll on this forum that said 85% wanted Carlo to stay on next season. We were all supporting Carlo despite the turgid football. He abandoned everyone. I think he went early, if he gave it 2-4 years and didn't get anywhere, I don't think people would mind so much. And look what he did to James and Allan, players he brought in and then left them after one season. Allan moved over with his family I believe. He already had 8 years in Italy. James obviously wouldn't be here if he knew it was just one year.

And sure i get the shouts that its Real Madrid and you can't reject them but i for one hate the perpetuating cycle of classism, if we all just continue to help Real Madrid by selling them players and managers then we can never overcome them. And it would have been nice for Carlo to reject them, but that's obviously not realistic.
The last time a manager betrayed us...in fact the only time a manager betrayed us, was one D. Moyes Esq. who took half a years salary from us while already knowing he was off down the East Lancs Road.

Why are we still talking about the [Poor language removed]? Cryarsing rubbish. I’m less bothered by him going than I am by the comments since.

In any case we are quick to [Poor language removed] off any manager we don’t like and expect managers not to look elsewhere if they see something better? None of them give a proper [Poor language removed].

Loyalty seems like a trait footballers and managers rarely possess and unless they've grown up supporting the club any loyalty you have tends to be paper thin. Rooney couldn’t even give us a proper go despite having fifteen years of a career ahead of him.

Annoyingly the most loyal manager might just be up the road.
Certainly some need to remember the scathing comments about other fans moaning when we snatched (ok, slowly kidnapped in one case) Koeman and Silva. What goes around . . . .

If we appoint Muffin The Mule as manager my automatic 'he's one of us' mode kicks in, support whoever gets the gig.
Thats the only way it works.

Nice to see him settling in to his new home in Madrid.

carlo.webp

That is the second time I saw the word "gotten" recently. Are you American? I asked the last perpetrator to decline the verb "gotten". Needless to say she could not.

How gotten works​

One noteworthy word is gotten: standard in the US but not in the UK.

In both countries, the past tense of get is got. In British English, the past participle is also got. But in American English, it’s more complex. Roughly: when talking about a static situation (possessing or needing) the past participle is got; when talking about a dynamic situation (acquiring or becoming) the past participle is gotten. So:

• Yesterday I got a new guitar
  • I’ve got a great guitar
  • I’ve gotten a new guitar
  • You’ve got to see my new guitar
  • I got into playing the guitar last year
  • I’d gotten into playing the guitar the previous year
Any Brit who reads American books or watches American TV and films will have come across gotten. And, in fact, more people in Britain are coming to use it themselves – although it’s still often seen as an Americanism.

Dom on Carlo. Some world class level coaching there

"He didn't really give me too many instructions other than just to be more focused in the box, those were his words"

I do not know why the players have expressed surprise. Their spineless crapness contributed most to his departure (along with Bethany Jo's seductions)

hello buddies i wish i gotten some nice salmon butties but instead i find myself reading ur baloney on grandoldteam.com i cannot sleep please send the cocaine. mr ancelotti come back soon please thank u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back