Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we still talking about the [Poor language removed]? Cryarsing rubbish. I’m less bothered by him going than I am by the comments since.

In any case we are quick to [Poor language removed] off any manager we don’t like and expect managers not to look elsewhere if they see something better? None of them give a proper [Poor language removed].

Loyalty seems like a trait footballers and managers rarely possess and unless they've grown up supporting the club any loyalty you have tends to be paper thin. Rooney couldn’t even give us a proper go despite having fifteen years of a career ahead of him.

Annoyingly the most loyal manager might just be up the road.
In fairness, clubs only give 5 year contracts max. Why be loyal unless you are Delph, Bolasie, Someone from Casualty or any one of our usual crocked signings.
James is another, bet we have stairlifts at Finch Farm.

The last time a manager betrayed us...in fact the only time a manager betrayed us, was one D. Moyes Esq. who took half a years salary from us while already knowing he was off down the East Lancs Road.
Legend though he was, I'd say Howard deffo did, probably even more so than Moyes. And now Carlo.

I think they may be the only 3 managers (including Howard's 2 additional spells) we ever had who didn't get sacked?

Could be wrong.

It's an elite club though, and only 1 of them will ever be a legend.

Failed at Everton, whatever he says.

He’s in good company though...

Ronko, Mike Walker, Silva

Took me a sec but do you perhaps mean Martinez and not Silva?

It's a really weird point because Martinez and Koeman both got good jobs at the international level and have resurrected their careers. I think you could argue at that level they've succeeded or done well enough at the international game. To the point where I don't think I could fairly criticize what they did in those roles. Have they made some mistakes? I'm sure. But at that level they've shown to be at the minimum replacement level.

But I don't really believe either of them are guys you'd want coaching your team if you had your pick of whoever. Like not even top 5 or 10 and you can probably through Ancelotti in regards to that, even though I think he has done a hell of a lot more where he would get consideration from people.

How gotten works​

One noteworthy word is gotten: standard in the US but not in the UK.

In both countries, the past tense of get is got. In British English, the past participle is also got. But in American English, it’s more complex. Roughly: when talking about a static situation (possessing or needing) the past participle is got; when talking about a dynamic situation (acquiring or becoming) the past participle is gotten. So:

• Yesterday I got a new guitar
  • I’ve got a great guitar
  • I’ve gotten a new guitar
  • You’ve got to see my new guitar
  • I got into playing the guitar last year
  • I’d gotten into playing the guitar the previous year
Any Brit who reads American books or watches American TV and films will have come across gotten. And, in fact, more people in Britain are coming to use it themselves – although it’s still often seen as an Americanism.
Brilliant! I will never get it though.

Took me a sec but do you perhaps mean Martinez and not Silva?

It's a really weird point because Martinez and Koeman both got good jobs at the international level and have resurrected their careers. I think you could argue at that level they've succeeded or done well enough at the international game. To the point where I don't think I could fairly criticize what they did in those roles. Have they made some mistakes? I'm sure. But at that level they've shown to be at the minimum replacement level.

But I don't really believe either of them are guys you'd want coaching your team if you had your pick of whoever. Like not even top 5 or 10 and you can probably through Ancelotti in regards to that, even though I think he has done a hell of a lot more where he would get consideration from people.
hello buddy what do u think about mr ancelotti leaving in manner controversial manner but no mambo??

Koeman had us playing far better stuff than Ancelotti did.

But, Ancelotti didn't have Lukaku.
Koeman gave us our best season since Martinez's first. He mixed the passing play with more defensive grit and got us European football at the first time of asking.

The complete balls-up made of the proceeding summer set the current conundrum we're currently in.

In what world did they not realise selling the player the team was built around to a team we were trying to overtake without replacement is an absolute disaster.

Couple that with providing no backup for a 31 year old left-back combined with adding no width to the team and there we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back