Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just LOVE and I mean LOVE being miserable.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

Once worked with a guy that found the negative in everything. I ended up saying to him that if someone gave him a free £20 note, he'd complain that it wasn't two tens. To be honest, I think that was the only time I ever saw him smile.

Not just 6th, but within spitting distance of the top spots and scoring freely. We have a decent bunch of players here, some excellent ones, but we've basically brought in an entire new midfield and our goalkeeper is still cack. We're doing okay and I'm hopeful that we will improve
This is it. Win another couple of the bounce and we’re still in the mix. Obvious problems to address but hopefully as players get to know each other and without international breaks for a while we’ll improve.

Some of the football we've played this season has been true Everton football, easy on the eye. I think Carlo is the man to get us moving in the right direction as a club.

He is not, however, immune to criticism. Too Soon on the bench again, I can't believe Simms or Gordon would not be better options off the bench. Also, I would really expect our fitness levels to be higher. We look goosed in the last 30 minutes most weeks.

I would like to see Gordon off the bench rather than Gylfi, but I think most teams are finding fitness an issue this season given the crazy international schedule and the lack of a proper break after last season.

And we've had a really good start ffs. In some ways that winning streak is the worst thing that happened to us, fans expectations are mental now
Just one window.

Broke a record for 3 consecutive away London wins. Very young English striker rocketing to top goal scorer in the league. In 5th place 2 points off 2nd and 4 of 1st. He’s broke a few other records held in 80s. Has one everything in the European game 3 or 4 times over.

Not good enough for mid table Everton who hasn’t won anything in a quarter of a century.

It’s down to him that players like Allan and James are here. Calvert Lewin has improved immensely under him. Every manager makes soft decisions and every team has off days, we just don’t have the squad to get away with it. the RS have an off day and can still grind 9/10 games out as they have world class talent at their peak and players who can come on and make a difference, we have Tosun, Sigurdsson and Davies to turn to.

If not him then who? Drop some names. Surely he’s top of the list of managers who would work here. No manager is going to come in and turn this bunch into title contenders. We are still trying to get over blowing hundreds of millions on bang average players taking home huge wages.

I like 3-4-3, but I think it needs to be Godfrey and Holgate either side of Keane.

Mina is a clown (body shape for the second goal?!), and Keane makes it too narrow if he's left or right because he can't step out and risk getting turned.

Biggest criticism today would be having three one-paced attackers on the bench. If Ancelotti refuses to have Gordon in the squad, there has to be a serious effort made to bring in someone who can at least offer an outlet in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back