Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is not fit enough to sustain Carlo tactics for 90mins.

carlo is not without fault too. a midfield consisting of Allan and doucoure were reduced to chasing shadows against a bottom team is baffling.

something is very wrong with our defensive cohesion. We don’t defend as a team, we only defend with individual abilities, which is not enough if the opponent moves the ball well.

Our defensive anticipation is lacking, we close down individually while the rest ball watch, exposing passing options again and again.

I’d argue Moyes is performing better with West Ham than what Ancelotti is doing here, given their respective salaries and transfer resources.

They look solid defensively and know how to score.

If we come out against Leeds and once again look fragile then I don’t know what the hell is going on in training.

There’s no international break until March to disrupt the team now. Sort it out.

the subs were completely fine the problem was why we sat back for an entire half against the worst team in the league when being 3-1 up, imagine if we played someone decent today we would have been battered.

I’d argue Moyes is performing better with West Ham than what Ancelotti is doing here, given their respective salaries and transfer resources.

If we come out against Leeds and once again look fragile then I don’t know what the hell is going on in training.

There’s no international break until March to disrupt the team now. Sort it out.

We are being out performed by very average sides

Newcastle,Southampton, Utd and a very luck win against the worst team in the league

The siggy sub was a mistake. No problem saying that. But with players flying in from all over the world at different times this week it can't have been easy. We need to improve defensively for sure.
But we are still not in a bad position

Good point this regarding the players coming from all over the place. De Bruyne mentioned it after the Spurs match, basicslly saying the International togger is taking a massive toll on the players. Even when they finish, they have to wait to do tests before they can rejoin their club team.

Maybe that's what we saw 2nd half today, just a complete loss of energy levels due to the International break.

No break now until March which will hopefully be a good thing and I'm gonna look at today as the 3rd away win out of 5 which is a great return so far. 3 wins in London as well!

Agree so far, but we know what Moyes is all about. He works the players hard in training, they are fit and they put in a fight on the pitch.

We look like a load of individuals at the minute, especially defensively

The team is not fit enough to sustain Carlo tactics for 90mins.

carlo is not without fault too. a midfield consisting of Allan and doucoure were reduced to chasing shadows against a bottom team is baffling.

something is very wrong with our defensive cohesion. We don’t defend as a team, we only defend with individual abilities, which is not enough if the opponent moves the ball well.

Our defensive anticipation is lacking, we close down individually while the rest ball watch, exposing passing options again and again.
I’ve said this for years. Watch how hard City works to defend the ball (especially in the past). They don’t have great defenders but they work so hard as a unit to win the ball back. That is where we tend to really fall behind. The cohesion is not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back