Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointing again from Carlo, he has been found wanting last 5 games. He doesn't appear to have a plan B currently , more worrying his plan A was so negative today aimed at getting a draw against the 'mighty' Leeds.
Would love to hear the thinking behind Davies and Delph playing wing backs against a high octane opponent, it looked baffling on paper and even worse in reality

I honestly dont think he will be mate.

Carlo will no doubt be telling Moshiri in private what he thinks about the squad Brands has built.

Personally think he'll be gone in the summer as a "mutual agreement".

If he does stay we may aswell sack Carlo and appoint some putz on a quarter of his wage as we aint doing anything with his dud signings.

stability

If Tosun is getting on the bench, even on the pitch some weeks, and Gordon and Simms can’t get on the bench, Carlo must think they are rubbish. We played Tom Davis and Alex Iwobi as wing backs against a very pacy energetic Leeds team. Neither player has enough experience as a wing back, or, enough pace to compensate for being played out of position against quick opponents. What was the story with Nkounkou? He is not only a full back, but also quick. I really hope he was injured because otherwise it is inexplicable that he was not in the 18.

On the plus side from today’s game, the skill James showed for his disallowed goal was fabulous, it was also apparent that his energy levels are improving week by week. Allen was very good today as were Holgate and Pickford, so, not all doom and gloom, but, I do wish Carlo would just try injecting the pace of Gordon and Nkounkou into the team while we are struggling with injuries.
Holgate was terrible today mate.

After coming to terms with my initial despair at this lost. And we are right to ask questions of the manager in response.
Still he's had 1 transfer window and less than a year. Sod all the nay sayers who reckon we are going backwards. We are developing and have alot more positives to show for it than this time last year under silva.
Carlo anchovy all the way

Not a fan of this formation and I didn't agree with leaving Nkounkou out today, cba with square pegs in round holes. We have wasted the good start, tghis formation doesn't help. Carlo must get players of better quality in Jan.

Fat Sam sleptwalked to that 8th spot, the football was dire and we went through many games barely having a shot. Ancelotti picked us back off the ground and had got us looking at Europe and getting Calvert-Lewin looking more like a striker after the restart till the players' backsides fell out in the last couple of games
When we’re we looking at Europe?

We certainly won’t be this year.

but we have. Stop chatting wham, we need stability we need windows ffs. Get of his back
Have we though?

I agree we have a far better squad but performance wise I wouldn't say we are any better overall.

We've had some of the worst performances under Carlo than we have had in years.

Still think he's brilliant and will turn it around, but at this moment in time he needs to knuckle down because we are not playing well.

He won't be liking how some players consistently give the ball away with wayward passes or hospital passes, we were atrocious today for giving them possession and not all of it down to the press, just poor passing.

When we’re we looking at Europe?

We certainly won’t be this year.
Your always moaning which your entitled to do but what's the answer we've been a car crash since Moyes era. We now have a manager who has won trophies all over the place if doesn't sort it I'm at.a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back