Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts are facts, aren’t they? Both came in mid-season, one finished 8th and the other finished 12th.

Not for one minute advocating Fat Sam over Ancelotti but it’s a bit worrying that thus far, Ancelotti has only managed a 12th place finish and we look on for another woeful season.
Facts are indeed facts.

Big Sam 38%
Carlo 51%

Glad you agree.

If Tosun is getting on the bench, even on the pitch some weeks, and Gordon and Simms can’t get on the bench, Carlo must think they are rubbish. We played Tom Davis and Alex Iwobi as wing backs against a very pacy energetic Leeds team. Neither player has enough experience as a wing back, or, enough pace to compensate for being played out of position against quick opponents. What was the story with Nkounkou? He is not only a full back, but also quick. I really hope he was injured because otherwise it is inexplicable that he was not in the 18.

On the plus side from today’s game, the skill James showed for his disallowed goal was fabulous, it was also apparent that his energy levels are improving week by week. Allen was very good today as were Holgate and Pickford, so, not all doom and gloom, but, I do wish Carlo would just try injecting the pace of Gordon and Nkounkou into the team while we are struggling with injuries.

We were better set up defensively under Roberto Martinez. Leeds should have put 5 past us today, Fulham 3 lor 4 last week. We play most of the top 6 in Dec and we are in for some seasonal spankings if we fo not improve big time.

We do not look like a team well coached defensively at the moment.

Facts are facts, aren’t they? Both came in mid-season, one finished 8th and the other finished 12th.

Not for one minute advocating Fat Sam over Ancelotti but it’s a bit worrying that thus far, Ancelotti has only managed a 12th place finish and we look on for another woeful season.

Fat Sam spent about £60million in January for those extra league spots too.

Carlo? £0.00.

I’ll give him all the time in the world but he’s seriously got to get a grip of this situation. Defensively we are an utter shambles and we have no discernible style of play. Not saying we should be top of the league or anything but truthfully I expected much better than this when we brought him in. You don’t bring in a big name like him to finish mid table and it’s very hard to see us doing any better than that at the moment.

This season is about to blow up and it’s only 10 games in.

It’s got all the hallmarks of every other season since 2014.

He needs to battle us through until Jan and that fraud best sign him some players

Got it wrong today with the wingback situation.

Iwobi was good last match on the right, should have left him there and started Nkounkou on the left.

James comes in from the right and looks left almost 90% of the time while also dragging defenders with him which helps the right sided player have space.. That's why it was good to have Iwobi on the right carrying the ball to him. But on the left you need a LB who will make overlapping runs.

With the setup today, we had bo withdt at all. Iwobi did not make the runs to stretch the field and on top of that Richy had a howler of a match.

I trust Carlo but he got it wrong.

Reactions: Lao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back