Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I congratulate you on some fine WUMing, this Leeds side you speak of couldn't score in a brothel against 3 defenders for most of the game, whilst their defence looked as leaky as ours. This "brand" of football for them has rewarded them with 4.1 back to back hammerings.

That's the glory of football. If everyone played the same way, they'd all cancel each other out. The RS play different to City. Who play different to Chelsea etc. The difference? Quality. You can run about all you like, but we have at the moment one of the league's top goalscorers, a genuine world class creative player and one of the best young attackers in world football. But because running around really fast like Southampton and Leeds means we won't progress as a team.
I agree with some of your points, and We'll see who's right at the end of the season. I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if we finish above those 2. I'm just saying, watching us play and those other 2 teams, to me, it looks like they are both better organised, better drilled and generally more progressive than what we seem to be. At the minute, I'd be more confident if I was a southampton or leeds fan of finishing near the top end of the table.

So....shouts have been..

Graham Potter.
Marco Bielsa
Alpine Klopp

To replace a man with 20 trophies to his name.

Keep it up

I dont think anyone wants Carlo out mate - but the facts are we aint getting the bang for our buck at the moment.

We aint Geordies blindly backing a manager just because they have won shiny things years ago all a bit small time for me that.

I despised Silva because he was stubborn and couldn't find balance in the side/defence - sadly Carlo is entering into that territory.

Its an over reaction to call for Carlo's head yes he makes mistakes but this is a long term rebuild our squad is just not good enough. Losing our best full backs was always going to be tough. Yes he needs to stick to one formation and to find that balance between attack and defence but his record says he will.

This squad has been a mess for at least 4 years, gonna take a couple to sort it out I'm afraid. We can pick on a few decisions but eh easy to get it wrong with some of the fraudsters there ,time and patience needed even though it kills me to say it because of the dross we've watched the Last few years.

I agree with some of your points, and We'll see who's right at the end of the season. I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if we finish above those 2. I'm just saying, watching us play and those other 2 teams, to me, it looks like they are both better organised, better drilled and generally more progressive than what we seem to be. At the minute, I'd be more confident if I was a southampton or leeds fan of finishing near the top end of the table.
Maybe but will they keep it up? Both are capable of going on losing runs. Yes we are in bad form but we have quality forwards even today when we were poor we had four clear chances we take them we still win. We are searching for the balance we had at the start of the season and missing our full backs. Carlo could make it easier for himself but he clearly sees the players more than us.

It's 9 games in. We've been torrid for about 5 years now and the lowest we've ever finished is 12th.

We finished 7th and 8th under Big Sam and Ronk with some of the worst teams we've had since the Smith/Walker era.

I'm fairly confident Carlo can at least match them.

It's 9 games in. We've been torrid for about 5 years now and the lowest we've ever finished is 12th.

We finished 7th and 8th under Big Sam and Ronk with some of the worst teams we've had since the Smith/Walker era.

I'm fairly confident Carlo can at least match them.
Fat Sam came in and finished 8th. Ancelotti came in and finished 12th.

I wouldn’t be using that as a point, tbf.

Big Sam had a 38% win rate.
Carlo has 51%.

But apart from that, great post mate.
Facts are facts, aren’t they? Both came in mid-season, one finished 8th and the other finished 12th.

Not for one minute advocating Fat Sam over Ancelotti but it’s a bit worrying that thus far, Ancelotti has only managed a 12th place finish and we look on for another woeful season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back