Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously know a
Lot more about Ancelotti than me and I cant tell if he’s got worse after his first year at previous clubs, but I’m sure some on here will know.
But like some have pointed out you can’t compare to two when it’s comes to clubs managed and success.

Also the championship is a
Much easier league than the prem, and
Leeds fell off a cliff in his first season missing out on promotion.

again I don’t know this a 100% only what I’ve heard/read but Weren’t we like 4th in points only behind Liverpool, city & Utd after about 30 games into his reign? Obviously that’s probably changed because of the last 4/5 games.
I always thought Carlo was a big team manager. He is great at working with big egos and getting the best out of them. Hopefully he can transition to working with our mix and match squad. It’s a different type of challenge for him.

Why are people mentioning Pochettino? He could take any job he wanted. He wouldn’t have even looked at us last season. We couldn’t get better than Ancelotti when we fired Silva.
Do not think we should fire Ancelotti. But do not completely agree with this narrative. There are insanely many good coaches in the world, and a lot is about coincidences and the right acquaintances. We have a Bayern coach who was relatively unknown a couple of years ago, but he has done quite well.

Personally, I think Potter has done a good job in Brighton, and it's always entertaining to see them play football. Along with Leeds, Brighton is the team that I think plays the most entertaining football in the PL. Both teams want to attack, and they do so with a clear style, and they have limited resources.

Now, I'm not saying Potter is necessarily the right coach for us, but there are many talented coaches out there. It is a mistake to just look at trophies out of context.

Leeds played with Bielsa identity from the first match. They train as they play, and they do it with intensity. He made Leeds significantly better from the first second he got there. Ancelotti is more of a pragmatist, and is much more results-focused. He has no distinct football philosophy, such as e.g. Bielsa.

Ancelotti is approaching a year in the position of manager, and it is still difficult to see how he wants the team to play. He needs better players, it is said by some, but should we buy Luke Ayling who out of 400 league games has played 391 of them in lower divisions? That is what Bielsa has to work with.

The next 7-8 matches are important. Right now we are performing as expected, when it comes to points (although the trend in recent games is worrying), but when it comes to the way we play football, we have no identity. The criticism of Ancelotti in other clubs has been just that. He has mostly performed as expected the first season, but the game has been boring and without identity. The second season, the results have not been forthcoming, and the way football is played is still without identity.

My point is that if we continue this trend for the next 7-8 games, and play football without a plan, then there is little point in having Ancelotti on the payroll. History indicates that the teams will not get better under Ancelotti as time goes on.

Carlo has been here 1 year.
Bielsa is in his 3rd season at Leeds. In his first season he bottled promotion and almost bottled automatic promotion the 2nd season.

The amount of people with wide ons for Bielsa is staggering. The feller got out-done by Wilders Sheff United who spent about £3 and a wispa, got automatic promotion, and finished 9th in the prem the next season. Yet no one holds Wilder up to Bielsa levels even though both have won the same amount of trophies.

There were shouts for him last season, now he’s bottom of the prem.
When Carlo became available he was the only choice, as it was a unique opportunity.

But Moyes has showed he is still a very capable manager and has his team battling in the way we used to. West Ham were remarkably mentally weak before, so it is surely no coincidence he and Irvine are instilling that mindset over there.

What I would like to know is how they are doing this so we could implement if here. If it were easy, everybody would do it!

Bielsa is in his 3rd season at Leeds. In his first season he bottled promotion and almost bottled automatic promotion the 2nd season.

The amount of people with wide ons for Bielsa is staggering. The feller got out-done by Wilders Sheff United who spent about £3 and a wispa, got automatic promotion, and finished 9th in the prem the next season. Yet no one holds Wilder up to Bielsa levels even though both have won the same amount of trophies.
I don’t think bottle was the issue - they ran out of steam. He added that extra but of quality last season and it paid off.

A simple question, did he make Leeds better, or not?

When Carlo became available he was the only choice, as it was a unique opportunity.

But Moyes has showed he is still a very capable manager and has his team battling in the way we used to. West Ham were remarkably mentally weak before, so it is surely no coincidence he and Irvine are instilling that mindset over there.

What I would like to know is how they are doing this so we could implement if here. If it were easy, everybody would do it!
Let's just bring back mrs doubtfire and be done with it.

Carlo has had ONE transfer window yes one window to get some players in who will represent the team and style that he wants to play, we cannot keep sacking managers and keep blaming them, we have a lot of deadwood at this club that needs shipping out.
Walsh & Koeman have put this club back years and will take a good manager more than one transfer window to fix it.
That would have been a different game today if we had 2 fullbacks playing

I'm not buying into any myth. I'm asking a straight question, where I rely on my eyes and not stats. Which team looked better drilled, better prepared, passed better, passed quicker, looked fitter, looked faster, created more chances during open play and looked like the team that was going to win the game from the 1st minute? If you answer everton to that then you are obviously just burying your head in the sand.

We aren't a better footballing side than Leeds. We might win ugly more times than Leeds. If you were to ask me now who is going to finish higher in the league I'd say Leeds all day long. And there's no way we're finishing above Southampton. If we finish above those 2 I'll hold my hands up. What I'm saying is that the brand of football Leeds and Southampton are playing will more often than not garner more wins than losses, whilst ours will deliver 12th to 18th league position if we're lucky. Bottom line, our players are too slow, aren't slick enough going forward and don't look well drilled in the opposition half. It looks like they've been told to play together for the first time. It's making me wonder what is happening at finch farm and whether the carlo thing is a myth and that he's been lucky with the quality in the squads of players he's coached. I don't know, cos I don't know what goes on at finch farm. We can all only speculate.

While I congratulate you on some fine WUMing, this Leeds side you speak of couldn't score in a brothel against 3 defenders for most of the game, whilst their defence looked as leaky as ours. This "brand" of football for them has rewarded them with 4.1 back to back hammerings.

That's the glory of football. If everyone played the same way, they'd all cancel each other out. The RS play different to City. Who play different to Chelsea etc. The difference? Quality. You can run about all you like, but we have at the moment one of the league's top goalscorers, a genuine world class creative player and one of the best young attackers in world football. But because running around really fast like Southampton and Leeds means we won't progress as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back