Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amazing that the majority of fans treat ancelotti like the messiah. Noone can dispute his record in club management. But at the same time noone can say that hes ever managed a team like us and brought success.

It's all well and good when you have players like Lewandowski or zidane to bail you out when times get tough. But when your playing in a league with such tight margins it's when you need to have edges over the opposition. We certainly have the quality edge over Leeds, but their manager has them playing with more desire, better fitness and with more quality.

That has to have questions asked of ancelotti. Since the liverpool game and including that game can anyone say that we have actually deserved to win any game since it, including fulham? And all those games with the exception of man utd we have had the better players on the pitch.

Hes not working hard enough, its as simple as that. Since the good run right at the start it's been relegation form and just because ancelotti has a history doesn't mean he deserves no criticism. I've seen very little since he joined Everton to think that anything hes actually done has been 'world class management.' Saw more today in the one game I watched Leeds from Bielsa than I have in Ancelottis whole Everton reign.

But the ancelottites out there can rest easy in the knowledge that he wont be going anywhere because it will cost Everton in the region of 60 million to remove him and his coaching team and that just wont be done. We are also stuck with an ageing ineffective James on a huge wage too so doesn't the future look great at this club.

All a bit Rafael at Newcastle - their fans worshipped him as he was a Champions League winning manager and still refuse to criticise him despite Bruce out performing him.

I still back him but he needs to pick a team and stick with it.

For me his best team on paper at present is:

Olsen
Coleman Keane Holgate Nkounkou
Allan Delph
Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Needs to stick with that and stop fannying around with square pegs in round holes.

He's always honest pre and post match. There's no chatting wham about how hard done to we were etc. Openly says we sacrificed defence for attack and weren't clinical. While I don't agree it's what we should've done, he clearly thought we had more quality. Same with the Newcastle game. The Saints and United games were just bad performances full stop too.

Carlo is definitely struggling and shows little idea of what to do about it with the players he has got. Depressing but there it is. Maybe next season if he can sign 3 decent players.

I find it amazing that the majority of fans treat ancelotti like the messiah. Noone can dispute his record in club management. But at the same time noone can say that hes ever managed a team like us and brought success.

It's all well and good when you have players like Lewandowski or zidane to bail you out when times get tough. But when your playing in a league with such tight margins it's when you need to have edges over the opposition. We certainly have the quality edge over Leeds, but their manager has them playing with more desire, better fitness and with more quality.

That has to have questions asked of ancelotti. Since the liverpool game and including that game can anyone say that we have actually deserved to win any game since it, including fulham? And all those games with the exception of man utd we have had the better players on the pitch.

Hes not working hard enough, its as simple as that. Since the good run right at the start it's been relegation form and just because ancelotti has a history doesn't mean he deserves no criticism. I've seen very little since he joined Everton to think that anything hes actually done has been 'world class management.' Saw more today in the one game I watched Leeds from Bielsa than I have in Ancelottis whole Everton reign.

But the ancelottites out there can rest easy in the knowledge that he wont be going anywhere because it will cost Everton in the region of 60 million to remove him and his coaching team and that just wont be done. We are also stuck with an ageing ineffective James on a huge wage too so doesn't the future look great at this club.
I think Ancelotti does need a bit of scrutiny. For some of his selections and not picking some younger players.

But for some perspective, Bielsa has had 2.5 years with that team, they know their jobs and are well drilled and fit a F***. But I wouid only take Phillips from their team, who missed 2 games recently and they got battered in both.

Ancelotti has had one year, which was disrupted with covid, a short pre-season, needing to bed in 4 new players. Because of injuries the team is changing every game, 2 international breaks already.

I suppose the worry is watching the fitness of that Leeds team. And some of the stories you hear about Ancelotti’s time at Bayern. It will be very interesting to see how Leeds do as the season goes on. They collapsed in the championship 2 years ago and some think covid & lockdown saved them, from it happening again, the prem is a different animal.

Ancelotti needs time and he has his own philosophy, which has worked in the past. But the squad needs improving so much it’s scary. When the top 3 aren’t at it, a bit like tonight, you change 2 on an hour. But we don’t have anybody to come on and change things, if we had a Sarr/Zaha/Bailey/Brooks/ and a striker who’s a class above tosun, things would be a lot different. And bring on another powerful midfielder to replace Doucoure, who I thought was poor tonight.

Until we get a quality squad, nothing will change, unless you have loads of luck and no injuries. Aggression, power and pace is so important in this league. Obviously technical ability is quite important, but we probably have 6/7 that fit that criteria. That’s nowhere near enough to challenge for the top places.

i knew we should have got moysie back,maybe when west ham sack him we might be able to sort something out!

Looking at both of those teams though, which would you have more confidence in moving forward: the slick, well drilled, determined, skillfull, offensively minded, comfortable on the ball team, or the slow, bewlidered, clueless, shapeless, patternless, unfit, leggy, can't string more than 2 passes together outfit?

It's a hard choice isn't it?............

The one with the 4th highest goals scored and despite conceded the most goals from open play, still haven't been on the receiving end of 4 goal hammerings ala Leeds.

If the likes of Leeds or Southampton finish above us this season, I'll hold my hands up. We've been in worse states and finished comfortably top 8/9 so the chances of that happening are slim.

But by all means, stick with the Bielsa myth. The guy who's won zero major trophies and the biggest club he's ever managed is Lazio for 12months. You could even say Leeds is the biggest club he's managed.

I think Ancelotti does need a bit of scrutiny. For some of his selections and not picking some younger players.

But for some perspective, Bielsa has had 2.5 years with that team, they know their jobs and are well drilled and fit a F***. But I wouid only take Phillips from their team, who missed 2 games recently and they got battered in both.

Ancelotti has had one year, which was disrupted with covid, a short pre-season, needing to bed in 4 new players. Because of injuries the team is changing every game, 2 international breaks already.

I suppose the worry is watching the fitness of that Leeds team. And some of the stories you hear about Ancelotti’s time at Bayern. It will be very interesting to see how Leeds do as the season goes on. They collapsed in the championship 2 years ago and some think covid & lockdown saved them, from it happening again, the prem is a different animal.

Ancelotti needs time and he has his own philosophy, which has worked in the past. But the squad needs improving so much it’s scary. When the top 3 aren’t at it, a bit like tonight, you change 2 on an hour. But we don’t have anybody to come on and change things, if we had a Sarr/Zaha/Bailey/Brooks/ and a striker who’s a class above tosun, things would be a lot different. And bring on another powerful midfielder to replace Doucoure, who I thought was poor tonight.

Until we get a quality squad, nothing will change, unless you have loads of luck and no injuries. Aggression, power and pace is so important in this league. Obviously technical ability is quite important, but we probably have 6/7 that fit that criteria. That’s nowhere near enough to challenge for the top places.

Yep. Would be Philips and their keeper.

He's always honest pre and post match. There's no chatting wham about how hard done to we were etc. Openly says we sacrificed defence for attack and weren't clinical. While I don't agree it's what we should've done, he clearly thought we had more quality. Same with the Newcastle game. The Saints and United games were just bad performances full stop too.

Still putting faith in the dullards of last season, that’s part of his problem this season. He’s fast realising what we realised a long time ago that the players of past are simply not good enough and he’s never getting a tune out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back