Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird selections again. Not going to blame him fully for this bile masquerading as football, he's had 1 transfer window to recruit some players. I mainly blame previous recruitment and therefore the mediocre players we have throughout our squad. I don't want him sacked or anything, but some of his selections need serious scrutiny.

Iwobi at left back instead of nkoukou? Seriously? I don't care how young nkoukou is, he is surely a better option there than iwobi (who was effin clueless in that role). Not iwobi's fault he was picked to play there.

Davies at right back? Why not Godfrey there and mina in as part of a three. Davies lack of pace at right back was a serious worry throughout. At least Godfrey there would have coped better than Davies with pace.

Some strange personnel and positional decisions. Wtf is going on?
The big problem with Iwobi at LWB aside from him being one footed, cant defend, and doesnt have the positional sense to play there.. is that it ruined the attacking threat we have with Richarlison.
If Niels is unfit then you play Delph, anyone that can take the ball from CH/GK and open up and play the ball to Richy fast. Niels wouldve overlapped well but couldve seen him getting done defensively, but not as bad as Alex. Just struggling to get my head around his thinking for the wing backs

At Watford he didnt need to cover 2 positions in midfield & a wide player who doesnt track back.

Not saying Doucoure is great but his strengths of getting the ball and bursting forward is severly hampered in this set up.

Stick another Allan alongside Allan then you'll see the real Doucoure who would have more licence to get forward as he isn't a defensive midfielder yet is tasked as one as Gomes/Siggurdsson/James aint throwing challenges in.
Reckon Gbamin could be the player to unlock Doucoure?

He needs time. My concern today is the line up and the complete lack of a plan and his unwillingness to change. We essentially played 523 at home to a team with one striker. I do not know why we have moved away from the 433 that we were much more settled in and the players knew their jobs. Hopefully Burnley sees a return to this.

Reckon Gbamin could be the player to unlock Doucoure?

He is for me mate but its 50/50 on if he comes back the same player. Thigh injuries like what he had can limit an athletes burst of movement which you need getting about the pitch.

I would be looking to bring in another CM regardless as long term we need Siggurdsson/Gomes/Delph gone.

He needs to commit to a system. I'm so tired of our managers coming in and chopping and changing, never developing a go to style, never finding continuity and inevitably having results suffer to the point of no return. Pick something and stick to it. It wouldn't be 3-4-3 if it was up to me but if that is his pick fine, just keep with it for 6 months.
I get you, I just think we have afew blank spaces in the squad

Davies looked decent to me on the right but Iwobi should of started their he played well last time

We have too many gaps in the squad and disappointed Nkounkou didn't start

I find it amazing that the majority of fans treat ancelotti like the messiah. Noone can dispute his record in club management. But at the same time noone can say that hes ever managed a team like us and brought success.

It's all well and good when you have players like Lewandowski or zidane to bail you out when times get tough. But when your playing in a league with such tight margins it's when you need to have edges over the opposition. We certainly have the quality edge over Leeds, but their manager has them playing with more desire, better fitness and with more quality.

That has to have questions asked of ancelotti. Since the liverpool game and including that game can anyone say that we have actually deserved to win any game since it, including fulham? And all those games with the exception of man utd we have had the better players on the pitch.

Hes not working hard enough, its as simple as that. Since the good run right at the start it's been relegation form and just because ancelotti has a history doesn't mean he deserves no criticism. I've seen very little since he joined Everton to think that anything hes actually done has been 'world class management.' Saw more today in the one game I watched Leeds from Bielsa than I have in Ancelottis whole Everton reign.

But the ancelottites out there can rest easy in the knowledge that he wont be going anywhere because it will cost Everton in the region of 60 million to remove him and his coaching team and that just wont be done. We are also stuck with an ageing ineffective James on a huge wage too so doesn't the future look great at this club.

At Watford he didnt need to cover 2 positions in midfield & a wide player who doesnt track back.

Not saying Doucoure is great but his strengths of getting the ball and bursting forward is severly hampered in this set up.

Stick another Allan alongside Allan then you'll see the real Doucoure who would have more licence to get forward as he isn't a defensive midfielder yet is tasked as one as Gomes/Siggurdsson/James aint throwing challenges in.

he played as one of 2, alongside either Ben Watson or Capoue. Literally the same position, he was tasked with covering Carillo, Gerry or that Peryara or whoever played on the right.

he was constantly out of position and overpowered

Near enough every manager in the league has other manager’s signings in their squad. This is not a valid excuse for what is happening.

Klopp, Pep, Lampard, Nuno, Rodgers, Hodgson, Solskjaer, Dyche, Bielsa, Parker, Wilder, Smith, Hasenhuttl, Bruce, Potter can all field line ups that have more of their signings in than not. Some of the more successful of that group almost have a complete squad of their own players.

Ancelotti can field a handful of his own players and the rest he has to rely on a squad that has got 3 managers fired. If any of his signings are missing, he has to call in squad players who weren’t good enough to make the first team of Everton teams that weren’t good enough. That is the position, there is no short term fix as we can’t do a Chelsea or City and buy a whole team in one window. It will take time, patience, and we are going to have a lot of dips on the way. Chopping the manager every season is not the answer. We have to take the medicine and come out the other side with this manager.

Making too many mistakes recently in his team selection...changing the system far too many times during a game with players that let's face it are not world class...its challenging for our group of players...needs to stick to one system and work at it all week!

No chance.

We’ve got the best manager we’ve had for 35 years.

Any decent manager wouldn’t look at us for a second if we binned Ancelotti.

Any manager worth their salt doesn't give a cr#p if we sack Carlo or not. If the money's right they go anywhere, especially the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back