Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed but we got done by something special by Raphinha who i mentioned in the summer window

Its crazy but he does need time, in the jan window we have to add or sell some crap players we have then next summer we make our move

We have the manager, the players that are a level above are Digne, James & Allan who aren't getting younger as well as Richarlison & DCL who won't stay here for too long, we need movements out tho ASAP and next season is make or break for Carlo unless it goes wrong this season

This season if he gets us Europa League thats a good outcome

We’re in a bad run, that’s all mate. It’s fair to critique though, at least 3 of the games, tonight included, we should have been a lot better, that’s on everyone
Agree.

I, along with others I’m sure saw that line up today and trusted him, even though we knew it was risky.
Leeds press you all game and some of our players aren’t up for that - in my opinion.

Biggest game of the season is the United cup tie.
I would totally focus on that and let the league position play itself out.

Disappointed but we got done by something special by Raphinha who i mentioned in the summer window

Its crazy but he does need time, in the jan window we have to add or sell some crap players we have then next summer we make our move

We have the manager, the players that are a level above are Digne, James & Allan who aren't getting younger as well as Richarlison & DCL who won't stay here for too long, we need movements out tho ASAP and next season is make or break for Carlo unless it goes wrong this season

This season if he gets us Europa League thats a good outcome
He needs to commit to a system. I'm so tired of our managers coming in and chopping and changing, never developing a go to style, never finding continuity and inevitably having results suffer to the point of no return. Pick something and stick to it. It wouldn't be 3-4-3 if it was up to me but if that is his pick fine, just keep with it for 6 months.

I didnt know Watford had a winger who didnt defend and left their RB isolated all game.

Just because he plays in the same position doesn't mean his duties on the pitch are the same.

Once again showing you're clueless when it comes to togger - as was your comment before defending the team selection saying how football is a simple game when we had Davies and Iwobi playing RWB/LWB like some hipster 15 yr old on fifa lol lol

hahaha no idea lad, the same job that he did at Watford, covering the pitch. He’s just crap

but then again I’m not the man who wanted to spunk £85m on Callum Wilson

Carlo’s gone quite conservative since the Southampton game. Ironically in switching to a back three/five to try to shore up the defence, we’ve become even easier to score against and give up chances as the midfield’s getting too stretched and we’re playing square pegs in round holes at wing back. Too much chopping and changing at the moment.

Carlo’s gone quite conservative since the Southampton game. Ironically in switching to a back three/five to try to shore up the defence, we’ve become even easier to score against and give up chances as the midfield’s getting too stretched and we’re playing square pegs in round holes at wing back. Too much chopping and changing at the moment.

settled team, settled formation and we will be fine

Bought a load of older players hoping for instant success and it’s just as bad as it was.

We’re actually now in a worse position because they’re going to be just as hard to flog.

hahaha no idea lad, the same job that he did at Watford, covering the pitch. He’s just crap

but then again I’m not the man who wanted to spunk £85m on Callum Wilson

At Watford he didnt need to cover 2 positions in midfield & a wide player who doesnt track back.

Not saying Doucoure is great but his strengths of getting the ball and bursting forward is severly hampered in this set up.

Stick another Allan alongside Allan then you'll see the real Doucoure who would have more licence to get forward as he isn't a defensive midfielder yet is tasked as one as Gomes/Siggurdsson/James aint throwing challenges in.

Agree.

I, along with others I’m sure saw that line up today and trusted him, even though we knew it was risky.
Leeds press you all game and some of our players aren’t up for that - in my opinion.

Biggest game of the season is the United cup tie.
I would totally focus on that and let the league position play itself out.

100%. It was no surprise from Leeds. But I think as with previous games, he's expected quality to outshine our frailties.

And sadly some of the players get shown up in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back