Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who is in control navigating the good ship Everton through choppy waters.

He’s rehabilitated Mina and Keane so they are showing their best form (even if that is limited)

He’s got round both fullbacks being injured

He’s making the best use of Iwobi and Sigurdsson (again even if that is limited)

He’s stayed calm under pressure unlike a certain other less experienced manager in north London hanging his players out to dry.

He sees the bigger picture rather than jerking from game to game. He can see we’re closing the gap on the top teams even though we’re still a long way off.

This man knows football management, and whether we win or lose against Leicester I’m convinced that with Carlo at the helm we will improve over the next few years.

Like that.

Tomorrow belongs to us - ish

Carlo Ancelotti vows to make Everton compete at top to repay Moshiri​

• Billionaire has invested £400m in club with more to come
  • ‘He has trust in me. I’m doing it to bring his club to the top’
Tue 15 Dec 2020 22.30 GMT
Last modified on Tue 15 Dec 2020 22.57 GMT

Carlo Ancelotti after Everton’s 1-0 home victory against Chelsea, only the team’s second win in eight games. They visit Leicester on Wednesday.

Carlo Ancelotti after Everton’s 1-0 home victory against Chelsea, only the team’s second win in eight games. They visit Leicester on Wednesday. Photograph: Peter Powell/Reuters

Carlo Ancelotti has promised to repay Farhad Moshiri’s investment in Everton with a team who can compete at the top of the Premier League.
Everton’s majority shareholder has invested £400m in the club, the latest set of accounts revealed, with more to come as part of a proposed £250m shares issue. Moshiri sanctioned a further £70m spend on players in the last transfer window despite Everton suffering a record loss of £139.9m to the year ending June 2020.

Ancelotti has revealed he promised the billionaire that his largesse will be rewarded. “My reaction [to the accounts] is that I understand the owner is really attached to the club and really focused on improving this club,” the Everton manager said. “This is really important for the club and for all the supporters.

“The pressure I have is that he has a lot confidence in me. He has trust in me because he signed me and he brought me to Everton. I’m doing it to bring his club to the top. That is my goal and what I promised to him.”
Everton visit Leicester on Wednesday having recorded an important win against Chelsea, only their second victory in eight games, but still without the injured James Rodríguez.

Ancelotti said: “We have competed well against Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea this season which means we are not so far from the top but we are not there yet. We have to keep working.”

Thierry Small, a 16-year-old left-back, has been training with Everton’s senior squad following an ankle injury to Lucas Digne. “Thierry did well,” Ancelotti said. “He is really, really young. He is like a kid, he is only 16 years old, but he has quality and physicality to play with the first team. He is one of our best players in the academy, so I was pleased to bring him to train with us. I think for what he is doing it was good for him, too.”

Just a quick note that the guy who was apparently past it according to some in here has us level on points with Man City after 12 games each and we’ll be above ‘Title Challengers Chelsea’ having both played 13 games if we win tomorrow.

And we have played Spurs, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool in that run of games, taking 7 points

Carlo Ancelotti after Everton’s 1-0 home victory against Chelsea, only the team’s second win in eight games. They visit Leicester on Wednesday.

Carlo Ancelotti after Everton’s 1-0 home victory against Chelsea, only the team’s second win in eight games. They visit Leicester on Wednesday. Photograph: Peter Powell/Reuters

Carlo Ancelotti has promised to repay Farhad Moshiri’s investment in Everton with a team who can compete at the top of the Premier League.
Everton’s majority shareholder has invested £400m in the club, the latest set of accounts revealed, with more to come as part of a proposed £250m shares issue. Moshiri sanctioned a further £70m spend on players in the last transfer window despite Everton suffering a record loss of £139.9m to the year ending June 2020.

Ancelotti has revealed he promised the billionaire that his largesse will be rewarded. “My reaction [to the accounts] is that I understand the owner is really attached to the club and really focused on improving this club,” the Everton manager said. “This is really important for the club and for all the supporters.

“The pressure I have is that he has a lot confidence in me. He has trust in me because he signed me and he brought me to Everton. I’m doing it to bring his club to the top. That is my goal and what I promised to him.”
Everton visit Leicester on Wednesday having recorded an important win against Chelsea, only their second victory in eight games, but still without the injured James Rodríguez.

Ancelotti said: “We have competed well against Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea this season which means we are not so far from the top but we are not there yet. We have to keep working.”

Thierry Small, a 16-year-old left-back, has been training with Everton’s senior squad following an ankle injury to Lucas Digne. “Thierry did well,” Ancelotti said. “He is really, really young. He is like a kid, he is only 16 years old, but he has quality and physicality to play with the first team. He is one of our best players in the academy, so I was pleased to bring him to train with us. I think for what he is doing it was good for him, too.”

No better man to be at the tiller right now.

Really like his statement and his commitment to our club and owner. Have faith everyone and bleive.

Very nice remarks about Small, from his comment clearly keeps an eye on Academy players.

And we have played Spurs, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool in that run of games, taking 7 points

I'm with Carlo. Never slagged him off and never would. He needs time and has the experience to massively improve us as long as we do give him time. Some of his signings especially Alan seem to suggest he knows exactly what this team needs/needed (fighters/leaders).

But...

the way we were set up a few weeks ago against united and Leeds was wrong in hindsight to be fair. Attacking openly against both Leeds and United played right into their hands when we should have tried to be a bit more Mourinho or more likely Moyes!

I think that was Silvas biggest mistake god rest his soul! I think he had this image of himself as the equal or at least believed he was expected to project himself as the equal of the bigger clubs around him, especially as that
is what the fans were believing (wrongly) as well because of the investment and new owner.

Instead of grinding out results when needed, he tried to play nice football (though we rarely ever saw it!) and predictably we'd get turned over!

I think Carlo is also learning in this job, as after all this is a bit of a new experience for him now. As a serial winner it was probably against all his natural instincts to try and grind out games as a manager like Moyes would/does.

Just a quick note that the guy who was apparently past it according to some in here has us level on points with Man City after 12 games each and we’ll be above ‘Title Challengers Chelsea’ having both played 13 games if we win tomorrow.
To be fair mate I don't think we can be judged in regards to both City or Chelsea. City are stale and Chelsea aren't as good as the media make out. So to put us on a par with either isn't making us look that good really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back