Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve already said you I’d like as manager. I think Brendan Rodgers could do a decent job for us.

He’s still got the the hunger to succeed, something I don’t think Ancelotti has anymore.
I thought we were having a good season, just beat Arsenal, chelsea, and Leicester... maybe I’m mistaken

Never had my doubts about Carlo. I'm glad he sorted out the situation at the back. It was a perfect Carlo solution - uses what he had (lots of CBs) and developed a game plan around it. Same deal he had when he had to fit both Kaka and Seedorf and came up with the Christmas Tree Formation.

I'm interested to see what happens when Digne and Coleman are fully fit. This formation has been a revelation! These top 4 sides are finding it very difficult to break down 4 CBs and 2 wingers who work as hard as Iwobi and Richarlison. If James comes back in - it'll be in place of Sigurdsson at number 10 but he's also been very good so I don't actually think James needs to come in if he's not 100%.

The pen conceded - well its not the first time this season where the opposition just steps in front of the defender and gets kicked and not much the defender can do he's watching the ball, could have been more aware I suppose. Aside from that don't think Arsenal created anything all game. Just one that went past the face of the goal at the end.

Time is changing. A year is a long time in football these days. During this time one should see progression. Continuity is only good if it provides progression. I think a reasonable expectation is 60 points, and that we see a clear direction in our game pattern.

What is worrying is that the curve has started to go down, and there is a negative correlation between results (and performance) and how many games Ancelotti has been manager. He is dependent on getting positive results again pretty quickly.

A point average of 1.58 is to be expected, which gives 60 points. This season the average is 1.55, and we are not far away. But as mentioned, he should start winning games again, and the next 6-7 games are tough.

Ironically, we meet Arsenal in 3 games, and if the results of both Everton and Arsenal have not improved, this match could be crucial for one of the managers (especially Arteta).
At the moment our points per average is
That would lead to an expected 70.57142857143857 over a 38 game season
The above figures are as meaningless as yours
We beat Arsenal and the result whichever way it went would not have been crucial for either manager
Neither are in any danger if the sack

Never had my doubts about Carlo. I'm glad he sorted out the situation at the back. It was a perfect Carlo solution - uses what he had (lots of CBs) and developed a game plan around it. Same deal he had when he had to fit both Kaka and Seedorf and came up with the Christmas Tree Formation.

I'm interested to see what happens when Digne and Coleman are fully fit. This formation has been a revelation! These top 4 sides are finding it very difficult to break down 4 CBs and 2 wingers who work as hard as Iwobi and Richarlison. If James comes back in - it'll be in place of Sigurdsson at number 10 but he's also been very good so I don't actually think James needs to come in if he's not 100%.

The pen conceded - well its not the first time this season where the opposition just steps in front of the defender and gets kicked and not much the defender can do he's watching the ball, could have been more aware I suppose. Aside from that don't think Arsenal created anything all game. Just one that went past the face of the goal at the end.

Ive been saying the same to my friends most recently, and they are having mental breakdowns at the thought of Rodriguez being benched.

At the moment our points per average is
That would lead to an expected 70.57142857143857 over a 38 game season
The above figures are as meaningless as yours
We beat Arsenal and the result whichever way it went would not have been crucial for either manager
Neither are in any danger if the sack

Welcome back! ;););)

Two defeats in the next five days will really have me asking huge questions, to be honest. For me, he has to take a minimum of 3 points, given the run we've been on. We've got hundreds of millions of pounds worth of 'talent' to call upon and have had a game a week for the past three weeks. No excuses.
One would assume you pleased with the 6 points or should we have got seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back