Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't blame Ancelotti for the likes of Richarlison phoning a performance in, meaning DCL had to do the work of two, meaning we had no attacking outlet.

However, you can blame Ancelotti for not hooking Richarlison when it became obvious he couldn't be arsed in the slightest playing football.

The call for me on 60 minutes was Tosun for Richarlison and go two up front with James behind. But hindsight is 20/20.

thats what annoys me the most about that. They scored a lucky goal.
However at no point did our tactics change. The entire game we stayed with no width, no creativity, no change of plan.

I just don’t get what the plan was at all. That concerns me most of all. No need to have so many players who have no creativity on the pitch. That loss just undoes all the good work we have done winning games we weren’t expected to. In proper Everton fashion. Nothing had changed

Maybe but the problem is we are playing coin flips every week. Against SHU we were the team that got the slice of fortune to win 1-0. Today it was West Ham. That isn't fixed by defending better. We're defending fine already. That is fixed by being a better attacking side and he's, to my eye at least, doing nothing to fix the issues there.

Yes we're down players but he's doing nothing to try and work it out with what he has.
Player like Bernard is not physical enough in the PL. They dominate in the middle because some of our players starting today are slow and weak in physical presence.

You can't blame Ancelotti for the likes of Richarlison phoning a performance in, meaning DCL had to do the work of two, meaning we had no attacking outlet.

However, you can blame Ancelotti for not hooking Richarlison when it became obvious he couldn't be arsed in the slightest playing football.

The call for me on 60 minutes was Tosun for Richarlison and go two up front with James behind. But hindsight is 20/20.
He was awful today BUT he was the one that won a couple of very dangerous set pieces once James came on and there just weren’t any better options for players who might get on the end of something on the bench

I know people don’t want to hear this, but West Ham is always going to be a very tough game with the way they play. Moyes is a turd sandwich and it’s no surprise he has gotten big results this season.

You have to lose sometime and that was our quota. We just need to be stronger next week. Hopefully we don’t drop more

Player like Bernard is not physical enough in the PL. They dominate in the middle because some of our players starting today are slow and weak in physical presence.
I'm curious how increased physicality would have allowed us to score in your eyes? I mean we've got DCL and that's about as good an athlete as you'll find up top. Physical traits are like 70% of Doucoure. What would more athleticism really do?

He was awful today BUT he was the one that won a couple of very dangerous set pieces once James came on and there just weren’t any better options for players who might get on the end of something on the bench

No better options in the same system, but I was disappointed Ancelotti wasn't pro-active and go for two up top and go more direct.

It felt like we didn't want to win the game and were happy at 0-0 and to see if we could eek it out. As the home team. Against West Ham. With a chance to go joint top.

I know people don’t want to hear this, but West Ham is always going to be a very tough game with the way they play. Moyes is a turd sandwich and it’s no surprise he has gotten big results this season.

You have to lose sometime and that was our quota. We just need to be stronger next week. Hopefully we don’t drop more

Very rarely a game isn't hard work in this league. Go as far as to say we struggle more against the likes of West Ham, Newcastle etc because we're a bit clueless in possession. When our remit is to grind out a result like Chelsea and Arsenal at home I have a lot more faith in the team.

No better options in the same system, but I was disappointed Ancelotti wasn't pro-active and go for two up top and go more direct.

It felt like we didn't want to win the game and were happy at 0-0 and to see if we could eek it out. As the home team. Against West Ham. With a chance to go joint top.

Are we capable of anything more right now? Last time we dominated a game was probably the first half against Fulham in November.

I'm curious how increased physicality would have allowed us to score in your eyes? I mean we've got DCL and that's about as good an athlete as you'll find up top. Physical traits are like 70% of Doucoure. What would more athleticism really do?
Think there isn’t enough legs to tackle in the middle. Winning the battle in the midifeld means a change of fortune for a team whether offensively and defensively. We aren’t creating enough because the players slow everything down in the middle. Nor the players in the middle can pick a killer pass.

Are we capable of anything more right now? Last time we dominated a game was probably the first half against Fulham in November.

There's nothing stopping us at least trying.

I've understood the tactical shape due to the standard of opposition we've been playing, and I even understand persisting with it for 60 minutes today. But when it became clear how the shape of the game was going, I personally would have went more direct.

Think there isn’t enough legs to tackle in the middle. Winning the battle in the midifeld means a change of fortune for a team whether offensively and defensively. We aren’t creating enough because the players slow everything down in the middle. Nor the players in the middle can pick a killer pass.
For me they slow things down as a mix of skill and unfamiliarity with the system and their teammates. Add in the system has massive holes in possession at each fullback and you're in trouble.

There's nothing stopping us at least trying.

I've understood the tactical shape due to the standard of opposition we've been playing, and I even understand persisting with it for 60 minutes today. But when it became clear how the shape of the game was going, I personally would have went more direct.

It definitely needs mixing up now. Playing this way against Arsenal and Chelsea is one thing but you need more against West Ham at home. I think he's worried about conceding but we should be looking to score 2 and 3 rather than sneaking a 1-0 win.

No team has won four games in a row this season. We’ve done it twice. The best team in Europe just drew two in a row to West Brom and Newcastle managed by Allardyce and Bruce. There’s an expectation though that we should be able to just cream some teams week after week with players like Sigurdsson Davies Coleman in the team. Not going to happen.

Carlo will innovate again and we will win again but this group of players is nowhere near the top teams. Carlo even said it before the match. I don’t know why there’s such annoyance every single time we drop points this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back