Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshun
Davies
Siggurdsson
Coleman
Bernard

Just how are this lot still getting in the starting 11?

The dross just never seem to be moved on.

Tosun isn't getting in the starting 11.

We have had allan and James and richarlison all injured. Iwobi was out, dogbe is out. Gordon doesn't look ready. What else do you want Carlo to do? Not play players and just start with 6?

He has had one proper window and has been unfortunate with injuries.

He's saying the right stuff in the post-match, we didn't deserve to lose but you can't complain about losing when the performance was so woeful.

He will want reinforcements and I'm happy for him to have the final say on everyone, even players that don't make sense on paper. Just please turf out some of the dross who have let him (and us) down time and time again.

Relying on U-20 players still isn’t ideal, though, is it?

We need to spend big.

I’ve resigned myself to yet another transition year but the recruitment needs to be so much better for us to finally push on next season.

I agree it's not ideal but they should be getting used over the manager rather than taking our top scorer off when we needed a goal and bringing Tosun on

We won't have anyone in until late in the month, if at all, that's the issue.

Unfortunately we did play 4-3-3 today

We had Sigurdsson and Doucoure running into blind alleys away from the ball, pushing our wingers even wider, and Davies or Holgate or Mina stood there with nobody to hit.
Was More a 451 that for me. But with Davies and sigurdson on the pitch were down to 9 men

I agree it's not ideal but they should be getting used over the manager rather than taking our top scorer off when we needed a goal and bringing Tosun on

We won't have anyone in until late in the month, if at all, that's the issue.
Putting him in the shop window, perhaps?

I wouldn’t even be asking for a fee for him.

Was More a 451 that for me. But with Davies and sigurdson on the pitch were down to 9 men

Yeah, just that we had that '3' in midfield on the ball and - while Davies was abysmal in the second half, in the first half he was given no help when he was getting on the ball, and Doucoure and Sigurdsson were pushing deep and wide. It's so easy to defend against and pushed our wingers out to the touchline.

That could have been changed by the manager I think. It's definitely not something we did in the Chelsea, Arsenal or Leicester games.

Digne should be back soon enough, just go back to playing the side and tactics we did earlier in the season when we were swatting teams aside by a few goals, just need a body to fil in for Allan for a few games til he’s back

That was the most boring game I have seen ......no team deserved to win it took a lucky goal by them ......we were awful end of ....Pickford pushing a save out to the right hand edge of the penalty area a shot blasted wide hit their player into the net no manager can work that one out.....
On selection I think Carlo got it wrong again ......Coleman - leaving Rhico on when he was having a mare etc ....

Toshun
Davies
Siggurdsson
Coleman
Bernard

Just how are this lot still getting in the starting 11?

The dross just never seem to be moved on.

Completely agree.

Its not like we haven’t tried to. We bought Gomes Gbamin Allan Doucoure Delph so that we didn’t have to play Davies. 4 of them can’t stay fit though.

We got James to replace Siggurdson. He can’t stay fit. Iwobi is first choice ahead of Bernard. He can’t stay fit.

Moise Kean decided he didn’t want to ply for Everton.

In our best 11s in three different formations it’s probably only Coleman that might get in, as a right back in the attacking 433. The problem is our best players can’t stay fit though, we knew it would cost us at some point and it cost us in the league cup and now tonight.

That list of players needs to be punted though. I’d add Pickford to that list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back