Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no inbetween with Everton. We’re either really good or really bad.

We never seem to be able to grind out a point when we’re playing terrible.

Tonight should’ve just been a point, disappointing but a point nevertheless.
I get what you mean mate, look at 6 days ago, we ground out the win from an awful game and it was looking the same tonight but it was that one unfortunate diversion that done us. It’s frustrating but then what would football be without hair tearing frustration

Lol

when was the last time we were “really good”?

half a game against Fulham in 3 months.

The annoying thing for me is in a season where we need the key players on it Richarlison and Coleman have basically regressed the moment Europe was/is in sight.

Desperately need another game changer in the side - sod FFP worry about that in the summer go sign Zaha/Bailey and bring in a proper CF who can come off the bench and grab a goal instead of that clown Toshun who I would rather stick Mina up top atleast he could hold onto the ball and do something.

The annoying thing for me is in a season where we need the key players on it Richarlison and Coleman have basically regressed the moment Europe was/is in sight.

Desperately need another game changer in the side - sod FFP worry about that in the summer go sign Zaha/Bailey and bring in a proper CF who can come off the bench and grab a goal instead of that clown Toshun who I would rather stick Mina up top atleast he could hold onto the ball and do something.
Coleman hasn't been a key player for four years.

The disappointment is that the bulk of our better players haven't been able to stay on the pitch. How many times this season have at least three out of James, Allan, Digne, and Richarlison played together? We just don't have enough reliable b-listers to step up when more than one of our a-listers is out. That's down to recruitment over the last five or six years.

Coleman hasn't been a key player for four years.

The disappointment is that the bulk of our better players haven't been able to stay on the pitch. How many times this season have at least three out of James, Allan, Digne, and Richarlison played together? We just don't have enough reliable b-listers to step up when more than one of our a-listers is out. That's down to recruitment over the last five or six years.

Even with the likes of Digne, Allan, James fit we have been poor in games we should be winning.

Wolves and Villa both away from home next 2 league games - realistically need to be looking at 6 points if we are serious about top 4 but cant us winning at either unless we start clicking up top.

Siggurdsson and Davies shouldn't be starting games anymore and its testament that the 2x proper back ups are Gbamin & Delph who are both crocks with Gomes unreliable.

Even with the likes of Digne, Allan, James fit we have been poor in games we should be winning.

Wolves and Villa both away from home next 2 league games - realistically need to be looking at 6 points if we are serious about top 4 but cant us winning at either unless we start clicking up top.

Siggurdsson and Davies shouldn't be starting games anymore and its testament that the 2x proper back ups are Gbamin & Delph who are both crocks with Gomes unreliable.
Yes, we've been inconsistent even when our better players have played - but you expect that with new players. The issue for me is that they haven't had a good run of games together without one or more of them being suspended or injured. We've no depth and no pace. We really need both before we can seriously challenge the top six. I maintain we'll finish 9th.

Don't really blame Carlo for that one, the team was shockingly bad. DCL looks exhausted and baffles me why he never runs at a defence or tries to create an opportunity for himself.

Richarlison utterly drivel, like he's been most of this season and Siggy in midfield was terrible.

We NEED two attackers in Jan, one for out the right and the other up top. A right back and left back also.

Lol

when was the last time we were “really good”?

half a game against Fulham in 3 months.
I look at Villa tonight and apart from Grealish whose outstanding they’ve built a young energetic and attractive side to watch with good recruitment. The signs are good we have the nucleus of a good side, but we still are carrying too many players who aren’t up to the standard. We had a good last window, but we desperately need a RB and RW with pace to seriously challenge European places. Next summer we can move on more deadwood and hopefully add a new GK and back up to DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back