Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In transition wether we like it or not, we're 4th.yes we don't look great but we have had some good results on the way. I confident he knows what is needed with a few more windows maybe after the pandemic subsides. Its pretty obvious pace is everything I think this will be addressed in time .did anyone think Chelsea, Leicester, arsenal done them all .sorry keep saying we're gonna have to be patient top six would be great with this squad at it is

He has some pure rubbish to pick from and we are still 4th.

I don't think James was anywhere near match fitness so a bit disappointed in that but players like Coleman, Davies and Tosun will not get us Champions League spots.

When Moyes did it, we had a huge stroke of luck and players who fought plus we also added in the January window, Arteta and Beattie while we lost Tommy to Real.

I'd love to give him £300m but sadly that won't happen.

Moyes had a top keeper

He had three very good midfielders in Cahill Carsley Gravesen who were all physical, fit, and could score.

Arteta joined in January.

His first 11 stayed fit for nearly the whole season. Even Pistone stayed out the treatment room.

That was a squad of men who scrapped for everything.

Carlo doesn’t have a good keeper. He has two decent central midfielders none of which score. His first 11 is barely ever fit, and aside from a handful of players the rest of the squad are the same lazy cowards who have seen at least three managers fired. The 04/05 squad would be booting half of this lot out of the dressing room. Imagine Sigurdsson playing ahead of Carsley Gravesen Cahill and putting in these sort of performances, he’d be eaten alive by them.

Moyes had a top keeper

He had three very good midfielders in Cahill Carsley Gravesen who were all physical, fit, and could score.

His first 11 stayed fit for nearly the whole season. Even Pistone stayed out the treatment room.

Carlo doesn’t have a good keeper. He has two decent central midfielders none of which score. His first 11 is barely ever fit, and aside from a handful of players the rest of the squad are the same lazy cowards who have seen at least three managers fired. The 04/05 squad would be booting half of this lot out of the dressing room. Imagine Sigurdsson playing ahead of Carsley Gravesen Cahill and putting in these sort of performances, he’d be eaten alive by them.

Moyes lucked out on Cahill and Bent.

He found a formation that accompany defensive football with clinical set pieces and counter attacking elements.

What he did have which Carlo doesn't is leadership and character in every position.

Martyn - Weir - Carsley/Gravesen - Ferguson
These won us games through game management.

We have no leaders and no general for over a decade. We wet the bed against bigger teams for 10 years and that need addressing as much as signing a fast player or South American wonderkid.

Prime example is Milan at this very moment, bring in Zlatan, a pure never say die winner, that team pushes it chest out and starts getting points it's draws or loses.

We need character and I pray Carlo finds some soon.

Moyes lucked out on Cahill and Bent.

He found a formation that accompany defensive football with clinical set pieces and counter attacking elements.

What he did have which Carlo doesn't is leadership and character in every position.

Martyn - Weir - Carsley/Gravesen - Ferguson
These won us games through game management.

We have no leaders and no general for over a decade. We wet the bed against bigger teams for 10 years and that need addressing as much as signing a fast player or South American wonderkid.

Prime example is Milan at this very moment, bring in Zlatan, a pure never say die winner, that team pushes it chest out and starts getting points it's draws or loses.

We need character and I pray Carlo finds some soon.

Well he bought both so he hardly lucked out on them.

The rest i fully agree with. It was a team of men. This one isn’t which is probably why we won’t finish in the top 4.

Olsen

Holgate Keane Mina Digne/Godfrey

Allan Doucoure

James

Iwobi DCL. Richarlison

If we get this 11 out fully fit we won’t have a problem winning a good number of league games.

Every time one of these names is missing ad it’s replaced with players on this list:

Pickford, Coleman, Kenny, Davies, Delph, Siggurdson, Bernard, Tosun

then we will struggle to win any games.

That’s the crisis in the squad at the moment. There is a good first 11, then we have some ok players like Gomes, Godfrey, Gordon who an provide some cover, then there is a huge drop off to us brining on championship standard players.

We need Gbamin to join the list of usable players when he returns from injury. We need Allan and Digne back as soon as possible. Then we have to start moving out the names on that list along with Besic Bolasie Baningime, and bringing in players of a top 6 quality. Maybe then we won’t have to watch men v boys every time Sigurdsson and Davies play any other team.

Moyes had a top keeper

Agree 100 % mate. !

My feeling is that Carlo knows we’re doing better this season than expected - for me it was always “next season” for him - I know a lot of people won’t want to hear that but that’s the reality, it should be the perfect storm - several contracts come to an end, the stadium gets planning and this frees up money to spend and really push on.

My hope, is that the board recognise the unique position were in and that a lot will be up for grabs this season and that they invest (wisely) this month to push and ensure we get Europe, this will of course change who we can target come the summer.

Also, harsh to say Moyes “lucked out” with signings, he was really good getting bargains with no money!

Message sent to owners today IMO

The owner has backed us, that's the issue.

It's on the DoF now. Needs to act decisively and I don't think Moshiri will need that much convincing.

The top four is there, but the same issues the squad has now are the same that it had at the end of the last transfer window - issues that should have at least been partly addressed then and we didn't even attempt to.

The best way to balance the books and build a sustainable team is by success. Success for us right now in the league is getting Europe. It gives us an extra source of income and allows us to build a squad with better quality as we'd have more games. But to secure that, we need to take a gamble now.

This squad as it is doesn't get top six over the course of the season. Think we all know that.

Europe hinges on what we do in the window now.

No more of that ‘Can’t do business in January’ bollocks.

Last year Man Utd went out and got Fernandes in the January window and he has completely revitalised their club.

Our two best players (Allan and Digne) are currently absent and we have no squad depth. Despite this we're still in the top 4. Things have been a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back