Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got out of jail here.

It happens, Athletico Madrid were knocked out of the Spanish cup this week against a 3rd tier team.

it’s more the performance though that is most worrying, especially after the West Ham game which was equally as bad.

A masterclass from Magnifico: gets Cenk in the shop window with his goal causing Big Sam to salivate all over his garlic and cheese chips and proves, yet again, that the players at his disposal are simply not good enough, prompting Moshiri to question the judgement of a director of football who holidays in January.

Naturally, I reserve the right to recant all of this if Rotherham equalise. Carlo out!

Can we go back to the exciting attacking set up that we started the season with, proper dire football the last several weeks
I agree but we've had injuries to that 11 we had and Gomes has fallen off a cliff since then but we really should go back to that as soon as possible.

Made the subs he had to. I do think there’s an issue between the level of performance some players put out int raining and then what they show on match day. Even just watching the vids of the training some players look a world away from when they get on the pitch and can barely trap a ball. Carlo seems to look exasperated in some games at how the same players who can look confident away at Leicester one week can look utterly shell shocked at home to Rotherham.

Hopefully he’s lining up a lot of them for the axe in January and the summer.

Pickford Coleman Kenny Davies Bernard Sigurdsson Tosun out please.

Can we go back to the exciting attacking set up that we started the season with, proper dire football the last several weeks

Some people didn’t like it though because James didn’t track back though and we only drew with Liverpool.

I don’t think it works without Allan. When he’s not fit we only have one decent midfielder and we need three to make it work. Our right back also can’t cross a ball.

Some people didn’t like it though because James didn’t track back though and we only drew with Liverpool.

I don’t think it works without Allan. When he’s not fit we only have one decent midfielder and we need three to make it work. Our right back also can’t cross a ball.

It will only work with a CM signing this window + Allan back.

If you have James out wide you need 3x work horses in the middle who can all get about the pitch and tackle.

Our problem is Doucoure or Allan tries covering the space James leaves then the opposition can run straight through our middle which has just one player in there as Gomes can not do anything defensively whatsoever.

Ideally a Gana type CM would be perfect in that set up.

I'm looking for some ruthlessness in the summer with regards to Davies, Gomes and Coleman. I get that we're stuck with them for now, but they're miles off it.

We're getting there and I'm delighted with the work he's doing, but our weaknesses are still very obvious.

I'm looking for some ruthlessness in the summer with regards to Davies, Gomes and Coleman. I get that we're stuck with them for now, but they're miles off it.

We're getting there and I'm delighted with the work he's doing, but our weaknesses are still very obvious.
Not a fan of any of those 3 but first we need to offload Besic, Bolasie, Delph and Tosun IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back