Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is we need to sell the deadwood, and they’re that bad that nobody will buy them from us! The good thing is some are coming to their end of contracts soon, which takes the problem away

Why this was and still is no quick fix. Still around 8 or 9 i would let go tomorrow but we cant shift them. He's amazingly got something out of some of them as squad players.
Still cant wait for some of them to leave. Nicked a living off this club.

Exactly, unless the player we want is available, it’s just not worth it.
There may be some bargains this window because of the financial situation, but squad filling panic buys are a disaster.

It's such a balancing act, because Richarlison, Ancelotti, James, and to some extent, DCL need to be given instant success to convince them to stay here long-term. IF we sneak into Europa League it might not be enough, we have to also strengthen the squad, compete for top 4 (even if we end up no.5) and that'll concince this set of 3 stars that it's going to work at Everton, I think. One signing to convince Ancelotti, James and RIcharlison might be worth it for the team!

What do you want him to say, what i have is sh!te and no good?
What he says in front of the camera will not be what he knows is reality.
Its man management.
"We have an opportunity to improve the squad this winter and cement our place in a very chaotic league and we need to do that".

How's that? Pretty diplomatic, no? Saying, "NO we are not adding ANYBODY" isn't a good sign, at all.

It's such a balancing act, because Richarlison, Ancelotti, James, and to some extent, DCL need to be given instant success to convince them to stay here long-term. IF we sneak into Europa League it might not be enough, we have to also strengthen the squad, compete for top 4 (even if we end up no.5) and that'll concince this set of 3 stars that it's going to work at Everton, I think. One signing to convince Ancelotti, James and RIcharlison might be worth it for the team!

We’re hamstrung bu regulations and also the hit of Coronavirus on our match day income. All clubs are finding it hard to fund transfers. We wouldn’t be rumoured to be linked with free agents, loans, and swap deals if it was just a case of whether Moshiri had the inclination to drop another 20 mill on us.

"We have an opportunity to improve the squad this winter and cement our place in a very chaotic league and we need to do that".

How's that? Pretty diplomatic, no? Saying, "NO we are not adding ANYBODY" isn't a good sign, at all.

Im pretty certain he has said that aswell in interviews. As do they all
Its basic manager talk.
He doesnt make statements to keep GOT happy.

I agree with this, but the player you are describing is a significant purchase. It’s not Josh King. If a significant player can be bought this window, I’d be delighted. But it’s a big if.

Wish we’d gone for Bielsa instead like a few people said we should have, what a season he is having.
Bielsa was used as an example of a different type of manager than Ancelotti. Some claimed, including myself, that Everton as of today had had more use for this particular type of manager. Whether we are wrong or not, we have to wait to conclude.

Still, there is no doubt that Ancelotti has done well in terms of points. So it can not be criticized. On the other hand, we are only 6 points ahead of Leeds, and who have a much smaller salary budget than us. The salary budget explains 50% of the variation in the results of the teams. So in relative terms, Bielsa has actually done significantly better than Ancelotti.

There is also no doubt that Leeds is a much more fun team to watch, and has a clear identity. We have usually played terrible football, except for a handful of matches.

Of course, I support Ancelotti because he has performed as expected, and see no reason to criticize him at the moment. The only thing must be for the football we play. But as long as we get points, and are in the top 8, I hope that it will get better eventually.

Bielsa was used as an example of a different type of manager than Ancelotti. Some claimed, including myself, that Everton as of today had had more use for this particular type of manager. Whether we are wrong or not, we have to wait to conclude.

Still, there is no doubt that Ancelotti has done well in terms of points. So it can not be criticized. On the other hand, we are only 6 points ahead of Leeds, and who have a much smaller salary budget than us. The salary budget explains 50% of the variation in the results of the teams. So in relative terms, Bielsa has actually done significantly better than Ancelotti.

There is also no doubt that Leeds is a much more fun team to watch, and has a clear identity. We have usually played terrible football, except for a handful of matches.

Of course, I support Ancelotti because he has performed as expected, and see no reason to criticize him at the moment. The only thing must be for the football we play. But as long as we get points, and are in the top 8, I hope that it will get better eventually.

Made 3 half time subs at 0 0, and lost 3 0.

Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back