Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did alright in terms of a Championship team trying to compete with a top Premier League side. To sit that deep and just surrender the game was embarrassing to watch.
I agree there, we looked like a relegation battling side who knew they were going to get battered unless they get 10 men behind the ball.

My gripe is definitely more with the players than the manager. It was definitely a case of get what we can because we just accepted Leicester were a far better team.
But after they scored, we had possession in their half and created a few chances, showed endeavour and passed it a bit. There was none of that before they scored in the second half. Is that on the players or the manager? It's the manager's tactics for me. It's a very negative, submissive approach to take when defending a 1 goal lead. If we're 2 or 3 up, then maybe, but not a 1 goal lead against an attacking team like Leicester.

Allardyce sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - worst manager ever.

Ancelotti sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - best manager ever, in Carlo we trust.

West Ham, Leeds, Man Utd x 2, Rotherham and Leicester all disgraceful home performances

I honestly fear we may not even beat Newcastle on Saturday if this is how we are being set up to play
Carlo ancelotti has a shed load of trophies from around the world.

Allardyce has gravy breath and heart disease.

Allardyce sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - worst manager ever.

Ancelotti sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - best manager ever, in Carlo we trust.

West Ham, Leeds, Man Utd x 2, Rotherham and Leicester all disgraceful home performances

I honestly fear we may not even beat Newcastle on Saturday if this is how we are being set up to play
Cool down mate, if it wasn’t for Pickford we’d have called it a master class

I agree there, we looked like a relegation battling side who knew they were going to get battered unless they get 10 men behind the ball.

The sad thing is, we probably would have got battered. The defensive shape at least gave us a chance to make things difficult for them when it came to putting the ball in the net.

I think we were too deep but given our lack of options in centre midfield it was inevitable. I hope we are much higher in the pitch against Newcastle.

But after they scored, we had possession in their half and created a few chances, showed endeavour and passed it a bit. There was none of that before they scored in the second half. Is that on the players or the manager? It's the manager's tactics for me. It's a very negative, submissive approach to take when defending a 1 goal lead. If we're 2 or 3 up, then maybe, but not a 1 goal lead against an attacking team like Leicester.

Probably as much as Leicester dropping off a bit after they got their equaliser. Amazing how it always happens in football.

Tactically he got it right again.

Sitting deep isn’t something many like to see but you can tell when we’re getting dominated - players panic etc and it’s chaos.

It wasn’t the case, we were composed and had it under control.

Rotate keepers for Saturday, Pickford has a iffy record against them anyway.

Either way a point is a good result and we had chances to win it at the end.

We have 4 midfield players injured. We have players coming back from injuries. We were a mistake away from 3 more points. I'm frustrated but its not a disastrous result by any means. The main thing is following up well next match.

Carlo is doing the business and we will get far better if he is allowed to keep overhauling the squad.

2nd half for 25 minutes it wasn't good enough. But you could see exactly what he was doing. He was saying "come on Leicester, what have you got? We'll hit you on the counter"

You can't legislate for your keepe making another howler yet again so all he can do is drop him next game though I wont be surprised if he doesn't as its normally not in his nature to chuck a player under a bus. Wish he'd chuck Pickford in a caravan in Butlins somewhere in Sunderland

Last edited:

Not beat Newcastle? One of the best teams in the league struggled to create a chance against us and only scored because of a goalkeeping error to prevent us winning 6 out of 7 yet you’re worried that Newcastle who haven’t won in 11 games might turn us over? They’re more likely not to even have a shot on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back