Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BT Sport:

I’m pleased. The reaction after the Newcastle defeat was very good. We played very well in the second half. It was difficult. The goal was to have three points. We won through a really good first half.

Robin Olsen did well. He knows his role. He is confident. He’s an experienced goalkeeper."

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring: “I’m happy because the team scored. It doesn’t matter who scored. I was really pleased with him - not because he scored - because he worked hard.

“Joshua King is going to complete the squad in front, he can play everywhere – front, right, centre.”

Getting a really good return from this squad so far. The more he learns about the squad, the less mistakes he makes with his selections.

36 from 20 is top 6 form, as confirmed by our league placing tonight.

We're dangerously close to having a full squad to pick from too, if Allan and Gbamin stay on track. With a new signing in King. Just hope we can keep the key players fit (LOL) and make a charge for Europe.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BBC Sport

It's special because it was a difficult game against a difficult team. We did really well in the first half. Second half was more difficult because we conceded early. To arrive at the end of game was not easy.

"The sacrifice, concentration and motivation was good. I'm really pleased with the reaction after the Newcastle defeat.

"The plan was to be intelligent in the game and defend well and find the opportunity to counter-attack. They push a lot of players in front.

"We lost a little bit of confidence after the goal. But this team is showing when they defend we are comfortable.

"We have better luck away from home. I hope [next opponents] Manchester United scored all their goals against Southampton."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back