Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re trying very hard to create a crisis/pressure.

???

I basically said teams from around 10th onwards are 2-3 wins or losses from competing or not and used Leeds result as an example -

They beat us they went 1 behind and were competing for europe

They lost now are 7 behind and not seen as immediate competition.

Same way if for example we lose our next 2 and WHU win theirs we are 7 behind them and playing catch up.

Simple maths really not everything is some conspiracy to thwart EFC's season via nasty posts on an internet forum.

sometimes i get angry with carlo because we are not the best attacking side and struggle to create chances and score goals against sides like newcastle, leeds and west ham at home

then i look at spurs v chelsea and see that spurs are at home and have only had 3 shots on goal and were champions league finalists less than 2 years ago so maybe i am over reacting and life is not so bad after all

in carlo we trust!!!!!!!

As I clearly stated mate "on paper".

Leagues so tight an expected win for most those sides and a poor showing against Utd and we are back out the european places.

That shambolic Newcastle result has put more pressure on us needing to get points in these kind of games where we are not expected on paper to win.

That’s the same for anyone. We’re in a decent position. If we lose games we’ll drop out of it, if we win games the position gets better. The form over the last run of ten games or so has been very good. Yeah Newcastle was disappointing but just look at United and Liverpool both losing to poor teams at home. It’s happening all over the place. Unfortunately fans are banking the fact that we can win away more easily without fans int he ground but then still expecting us to win all the home games we used to, it doesn’t work that way. Missed opportunities yes of course but every single team in the league apart from City has their own catalogue of these.

That’s the same for anyone. We’re in a decent position. If we lose games we’ll drop out of it, if we win games the position gets better. The form over the last run of ten games or so has been very good. Yeah Newcastle was disappointing but just look at United and Liverpool both losing to poor teams at home. It’s happening all over the place. Unfortunately fans are banking the fact that we can win away more easily without fans int he ground but then still expecting us to win all the home games we used to, it doesn’t work that way. Missed opportunities yes of course but every single team in the league apart from City has their own catalogue of these.
Lets hope Man Utd continue to lose at home......

My point is largely Everton tend to do better when they mentally are not under pressure and once we drop out the european spots I fear the whole "we need to win to not fall away" will see us potentially slip up.

Got to be taking atleast a draw out of the Utd game and the 3 points at Home to Fulham. City game is a bit of a free hit and we never win at Analfield so I've chalked that off as a draw at best.

My point is largely Everton tend to do better when they mentally are not under pressure and once we drop out the european spots I fear the whole "we need to win to not fall away" will see us potentially slip up.

Got to be taking atleast a draw out of the Utd game and the 3 points at Home to Fulham. City game is a bit of a free hit and we never win at Analfield so I've chalked that off as a draw at best.

We just need to stay at about 2 points per game. Doesn’t matter how we get them. We don’t ‘need’ to beat any individual side because we’ve shown we get unexpected results away at Spurs Wolves Leicester Leeds. If we lose one then win two we’re still staying at a very good rate. Even in the last three games we’re a Pickford error away from staying at 2 points per game. That gets us over 70 points that we’ve achieved once in our prem history. We’ve been on or just below that mark all season so far and if Carlo keeps it up then we’re easily finishing in the top 6 which would be an amazing achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back