2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton finish top four Carlo will not get any credit. It'll be deemed 'what a crazy bizarre season, one of a kind type season, itll never happen again everyone beating each other. Even though would it be City first, rs second, United 3rd. They will spin it as a mad silly season to appease the fans of the big boys who missed out.

Looking at the fixtures this weekend Villa/Arsenal game aside most our rivals have on paper anyway pretty easy games

WHU have Fulham
Spurs have WBA
Chelsea have Sheff Utd
Saints have Geordies

Needs to get it right against Utd - twice Ole has done us this season got to find a system that works against them / keep Penandes from dictating the game.
Southampton can't be stopped mate. Don't even include them in. They are leapfrogging us its only a matter of time. Just as long as we keep Sheffield at pay I'll be happy.

He had other options Saturday.
Ancelotti is the best thing to happen to the club in 30 years. But I think it is fair at times to question team selections if we think they are wrong. Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone agreed all the time.
Oh I've questioned him quite a few times over things like 3 at the back and Gordon. And as I said earlier I think this side was possibly too attack minded with no options on the bench. But he still should have been able to get away with that against the worse form team in the league. I didn't think Oh crap we're going to get hammered today when I saw the team sheets before the game.

You can always find fault after the event if you look for it. But I saw that team and was reasonably happy we'd come away with the points. Key players didn't perform. It happens

And that is more or less what I said. Playin siggy in a 2 was a mistake.
Technically Siggy is a good player, but he has no pace. Carlo is aware of this, but recently he has been getting a tune out of Siggy by using him in particular ways. THe same applies to other players who have some limitations. Davies,Iwobi,DCL,Keane, Mina, have all improved their contribution under Ancelotti. That is what a top manager is able to do, and its why he's worth the money he gets. Were would this team be with Koeman or Silva?

Technically Siggy is a good player, but he has no pace. Carlo is aware of this, but recently he has been getting a tune out of Siggy by using him in particular ways. THe same applies to other players who have some limitations. Davies,Iwobi,DCL,Keane, Mina, have all improved their contribution under Ancelotti. That is what a top manager is able to do, and its why he's worth the money he gets. Were would this team be with Koeman or Silva?
Can't believe that someone can put Carlo under question marks. He puts this team on completely different level and not only on the pitch. If Carlo was here while Koeman/Silva trashed the money, I would sign top four every season. Give him at least one more summer transfer window.

Can't believe that someone can put Carlo under question marks. He puts this team on completely different level and not only on the pitch. If Carlo was here while Koeman/Silva trashed the money, I would sign top four every season. Give him at least one more summer transfer window.
Give him the rest of his contract, and longer if need be.

Everton finish top four Carlo will not get any credit. It'll be deemed 'what a crazy bizarre season, one of a kind type season, itll never happen again everyone beating each other. Even though would it be City first, rs second, United 3rd. They will spin it as a mad silly season to appease the fans of the big boys who missed out.

Quite likely Mate especially when you look who most of the pundits are.

Oh I've questioned him quite a few times over things like 3 at the back and Gordon. And as I said earlier I think this side was possibly too attack minded with no options on the bench. But he still should have been able to get away with that against the worse form team in the league. I didn't think Oh crap we're going to get hammered today when I saw the team sheets before the game.

You can always find fault after the event if you look for it. But I saw that team and was reasonably happy we'd come away with the points. Key players didn't perform. It happens

I am with you on the 3 cb lark just never seems to work.

Give him the rest of his contract, and longer if need be.

Absolutely this. The longer he is, the more Everton benefits from having someone who knows how proper football clubs operate in the building. Every decision that is being made with his input is a better one than whatever we had going before. Give him as long as he wants to turn the squad around, end the trophy drought, put us back in Europe, and leave a legacy that sets us up for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.