2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by his comments that some players will be rotated I think the team will be

GK : Olsen
RB : Holgate
CB : Keane
CB : Mina
LB : Godfrey
CM : Doucuore
CM : Gomes
ACM : Gylfi
RWF : Rodriguez
LWF : King
CF : Richarlison

Bench

Virginia
Coleman
Delph
Digne
Davies
Iwobi
Bernard
DCL
Allan ( maybe )

Got a nagging feeling he’ll rotate Mina for this one and bring Coleman back in. All of Godfrey Holgate and Keane have missed a game recently for a rest. I think he’ll play DCL because he was out for a few games as well. Given up trying to predict lineups now though with Carlo ha.

Stop this keeper rotation please, It's absolute nonsense.
Why do you want to rotate with a keeper who makes mistakes?>?????????????????? Just give Olsen the spot permanently.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with his man management style. He backs his players and gives them as much loyalty as possible with the aim that they return the favour. Players that don't make it can have no arguments. Players who do make it feel like they're part of something.

He's giving Pickford every chance possible to make himself a success here. It's frustrating for now, because we all doubt that he can do it, but in the long term that strategy will stand to us.

Got a nagging feeling he’ll rotate Mina for this one and bring Coleman back in. All of Godfrey Holgate and Keane have missed a game recently for a rest. I think he’ll play DCL because he was out for a few games as well. Given up trying to predict lineups now though with Carlo ha.

Coleman should only be used as a last resort from here on in. He simply hasn't got the legs to be a threat at one end of the pitch and hasn't got the legs to be defensively solid at the other.

In fact he should be 3rd choice now behind Holgate and Godfrey.

I just think DCL has looked well off the pace against Leicester, Newcastle and Leeds so wouldn't surprise me if he got a breather.

But like you said though, it's impossible to 2nd guess Carlo as he always throws 2 selections in that no one is ever expecting lol

Why do you want to rotate with a keeper who makes mistakes?>?????????????????? Just give Olsen the spot permanently.
He can’t just come out with that today though, it helps neither player. He’s got no selection issue this weekend as Pickford is unfit. If Olsen continues to play as he has done, then he’ll make the shirt his own.

See where you are coming from mate, but Carlo is handling this brilliantly imo. He's keeping Pickford out of the media. If Olsen keeps playing well its an easy decision to keep him in so no stories to be had on Pickfords erratic form. I believe Carlo will keep Olsen in goal for the derby so as not to put any unwanted pressure on Pickford. They are still on about the last one as it is, imagine what it will be like leading up to it in cple weeks time.

Coleman should only be used as a last resort from here on in. He simply hasn't got the legs to be a threat at one end of the pitch and hasn't got the legs to be defensively solid at the other.

In fact he should be 3rd choice now behind Holgate and Godfrey.

I just think DCL has looked well off the pace against Leicester, Newcastle and Leeds so wouldn't surprise me if he got a breather.

But like you said though, it's impossible to 2nd guess Carlo as he always throws 2 selections in that no one is ever expecting lol

If Coleman Plays then that is deffo 3 point gone.

Agreed on Allan's return needed soon. We have to have the wall in place for this one - its Manutd away and they just scored 9 in their last home game. Carlo said something different and in the home games we were too open and couldnt go toe to toe with their midfield. i expect Gomes, Doucoure and Davies in MF, and Jmes, DCL and Richy upfront. King gets to come in second half as he's not fit enough to start yet. Gylfi could do a 'Phillips' on Pogba again but I think Davies might get the nod if the back four is the four centre backs.

One of the journalists decided it was appropriate to ask him about some of the abuse some Man Utd players have been getting via social media.

Thought he answered it well actually. Said that one of the things he loved about football in this country is the lack of racism inside the grounds compared to other countries (across Europe presumably)

Said the social media racism was from a minority of people and that it should be dealt with strongly by the authorities. (wasn't sure if he meant the police/government or the platform providers)
Cheers.

Pickford will not be dropped ever. Doesn’t matter how badly he performs, people can stop thinking the manager is “sending a message that his place is under threat” when he puts Olsen in now. He isn’t. Pickford is not going to be dropped and we’re probably not buying a keeper in the summer either.

Status
Not open for further replies.