2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be a bit daft, but to me it seems that Carlo has kinda fallen for us.

He is a football man to his core, and managing a top club in where many say the professional game was nurtured (the North West), I reckon appeals to him, as a romantic Italian.

4 of the most historic clubs on the planet reside a few miles away from each other in Manchester and Liverpool. Lob in the Prestons, Blackburns, Burnleys, etc etc, I for one can get why he quite likes it.

He is an Alchemist. A pinch of this, a pinch of that until he discovers the right blend that makes gold...or, preferably, silver.

At least he isn't pedantic by trusting the same formation again and again hoping it will work. We had enough of that with Silva.
If you look at this season we have played 5 different formations. He has won games in each formation. This is why he likes players who can adapt to different situations.

We all question line-ups no big deal. What we all can see though as opposed to other managers is he will pick tactics dependant on opposition and not just stick to the same formation/players hoping it clicks eventually. For me that's a quality that steps him up a level add to that his man management skills and we are in good hands at last.

He is a football man to his core, and managing a top club in where many say the professional game was nurtured (the North West), I reckon appeals to him, as a romantic Italian.

4 of the most historic clubs on the planet reside a few miles away from each other in Manchester and Liverpool. Lob in the Prestons, Blackburns, Burnleys, etc etc, I for one can get why he quite likes it.
I think the way he was treated at the likes of Chelsea, PSG and Bayern towards the end of tenure, wouldn’t have been nice for him. He’s come here and been welcomed with open arms, it’s not often there is widespread approval with the appointment of a manager. Carlo has had that here. Of course he’s made mistakes, with playing personnel over his tenure. However it’s pleasing that last summer he got the players he wanted to the club and we’ve seen their impact. He’s spoken of how happy he has been welcomed and where he lives. I genuinely think he wanted to be the man to take his forward and become a force to be reckoned with again.

Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back