Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Gray and Nigel De Jong discussed it on beIN Sports about defenders always facing the incoming ball, not having to turn and face their goal etc.
I thought it was down to 2 things. Both the fact we have in general a big team that is good in the air and also a keeper who is not particularly happy coming off his line and dealing with crosses.

The defenders always facing the ball thing makes a lot of sense, and its funny that Spurs concede because of their mega high line.

Everton Forum
I thought it was down to 2 things. Both the fact we have in general a big team that is good in the air and also a keeper who is not particularly happy coming off his line and dealing with crosses.

The defenders always facing the ball thing makes a lot of sense, and its funny that Spurs concede because of their mega high line.

Yeh that's what they discussed as well.

That starting 11 today looks like it can go to grounds now and be competitive. Not the competitive of just grafting and hoping to nick something. But looking comfortable in possession.
Absolutey not going to go over the top after the one game but just saw it today. Ancelotti's first real dip into the transfer market and already see a very different Everton.

I’m not sure how popular this will be, but you have to trust your depth on Wednesday. Apart from the middle, we can still field a very decent side and have a completely different 11. It is a priority to keep everyone healthy
Not sure how I feel about Wednesday.

On the one hand, we need to lift the gypsy curse on the League Cup, and I want to keep this positive momentum up.

On the other hand, resting players feels like the right thing to do. It’ll help ease us into the league campaign, reduce the risk of injury, and there’s every chance the players that come in will want to stake a claim to be in the plans this season.

Not sure how I feel about Wednesday.

On the one hand, we need to lift the gypsy curse on the League Cup, and I want to keep this positive momentum up.

On the other hand, resting players feels like the right thing to do. It’ll help ease us into the league campaign, reduce the risk of injury, and there’s every chance the players that come in will want to stake a claim to be in the plans this season.
I just feel like we can’t risk injuring our new boys. They are absolutely vital. When the cup games aren’t midweek we should go all in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back