Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, just listened to his interview on the OS - was asked about introducing Allan and unprompted answered “I have to be honest that I thought Iwobi did a good game....” Lost all respect for him right there. I assume he is trying to spare the players feelings, if he genuinely thinks that then I have no words.

This is where I’m leaning now at this point. I’ve accepted that we aren’t going to be playing any attractive attacking football from now until the end of the season. What you can’t deny though, is that we are getting results at a rate that will secure us Europe.

People aren’t obliged to watch every single one of our games. If the football is that bad to watch, don’t watch it. Sit back, relax and wait for the results to come in. You will get your fluid cohesive football when we have built a proper team.

Aye. He's talked about wanting to play a different style - higher line, better press - but we simply don't have the players for that right now

It's not like Koeman, Silva, or Martinez where you hold out hope that they'll live up to the promise. It's Carlo Ancelotti ffs, he knows the score

My God, just listened to his interview on the OS - was asked about introducing Allan and unprompted answered “I have to be honest that I thought Iwobi did a good game....” Lost all respect for him right there. I assume he is trying to spare the players feelings, if he genuinely thinks that then I have no words.
I think losing all respect for him now on the basis of that interview means I’ve lost all respect for you (which I haven’t because I wouldn’t be that dramatic). We won, enjoy.

Im sure hes gutted at hearing this.

I doubt Carlo cares pal.

LOL

He’s publicly trying to boost the confidence of a player who is out of form. If Iwobi had been playing so well, he would have started more games. Carlo’s no fool.

I wish we were playing great football and losing.

:hayee:
Lol. Remember those days of Martinez.
It wasn't even great football , although he insisted it was.
Loads of possession , passing sideways on the halfway line'
I could still have nightmares about that 0-0 draw at Goodison against Laudrup's Swansea.
Carlo is getting results. In seasons to come he will put his stamp on the squad , and style.

Carlo doesn't criticise players in public. That's not his style and he isn't going to start now at 61 years of age.

I'm sure he says what he needs to in the dressing room. He's managed plenty of massive characters at the top elite end of the game.

Iwobi wasn't great but wasn't awful here. Just a pretty average performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back