2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah , I was going to say the same thing although he did have a grin the size of English Channel when he said it .
Top class trolling from a top class manager . Managed to get a Pirlo mention in there too .
Love that man .
Didn't see the press conference yet, but as I said... Hope he's not serious about it. I'd understand if James felt like he could contribute more in a different position, or Richy, or... Well you get the idea, someone who actually puts in the effort every game they play and produces at least a bit of quality for us.

"Always an honour to get a call up for my national team, hopefully I get to play in my preferred position"

He's played a lot on the wing for Nigeria so not necessarily a dig at club level.

However, all of us know his preferred position is a 10 so I'd be a little concerned if Carlo didn't know that.

Carlo will find the solutions to our injuries. He is a Top coach and good motivator. We had worse injuries before Christmas and he found answers and galvanised the team belief. Let’s get back on track. A tough game tomorrow but definitely winnable.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH BURNLEY P/C

Olsen latest​

Robin Olsen he had a problem physically; he started training this week. We have to check today if he’s good and available tomorrow.
The other thing is a private matter so I don’t want to go in there

Doucoure update​

Abdoulaye Doucouré had a small fracture on his foot so he has to stay out. It could be 8 weeks, could be 10 weeks. I hope he’ll be back before the end of the season,

Better injury news​

We have Tom Davies back, we have Coleman back, we have Mina back so I think we can manage.

Delph and James out​

Mina is available, he trained this week properly without problem, so he will be available. Delph and James are not available.
We have to check Sigurdsson, he had a problem with his ankle from the last game

More on Rodriguez​

Ancelotti says Rodriguez "played really well against Man United but he was not 100% fit. We decided to give him a proper recovery and don't let him play at 70 or 80%. We have taken this decision together. The player agrees. Ancelotti thinks James will be back after the international break

Carlo on Burnley​

We didn't spend a lot of time together. I can say that I like the style of play of Burnley. Why? Because they play clear 4-4-2, I was born with 4-4-2! Burnley explain really well how you play 4-4-4-2. He's [Dyche] a good guy
They are not inventing new football, because football was already invented a long time ago! Managers that think to invent football, they are wrong

Carlo on Wilder​

When I arrived last season, Sheffield United were above us and fighting for Europe. It was unbelievable for a team coming up. I think he has done a fantastic job, but today he will be in the club of sacked managers. I can say to Chris, enjoy your holiday

Carlo on VAR​

I think VAR is working well. Of course some decisions are really difficult as they're not objective
With offside there is no problem. Sometimes you're disappointed because a goal is disallowed for 1cm offside but it's an objective decision...I think VAR is useful for football

Carlo on his 1st game verse Burnley last season​

I have a good memory. We won with a fantastic goal of Dominic. The reception I had is one of the best moments of my career.
It was a difficult game & it will be tomorrow

Current Everton state​

I think we are in the right way for what we want to achieve in the future

Signing midfielders in the summer​

We are thinking about this, we have to look for the recovery of Gbamin. Unfortunately we haven’t seen him train in the last year and a half.
If Gbamin is okay, I think in midfield we have a good option

Football evolving​

I think football's evolved and it's still evolving. I had the luck to train with Sacchi, who really did something special in Italy, where it was only defence.
He was able to bring a new philosophy of Italian football, with more attacking, intensity, training methodology

Creating chances for Calvert-Lewin​

I don't think to change the style of our play, but we have to play more forward and press more high. I think that, for the next game,
we can press more forward and keep our defensive line higher

Carlo on Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and King starting together​

Yes it can be an option. Josh is ready to start, the shape would be 4-3-3 I think. I think Josh in a 4-4-2 can play as a winger on the right and the left as well

On Iwobi's preferred position​

Really I didn't speak, I read the post that he did and I would like to know his preferred position! Usually, I want to put players on the pitch where they are comfortable to play. If he has an idea, I have to know, I want to know

I have to tell him to tell me, I am your manager, tell me where you prefer to play! If he wants to play No.10 or No.9, I can put him there no problem.
I can adapt the system

More From Carlo on James​

This is his goal, to have more consistency. I think the start of the season was really good but then he started to travel, not just him but the season is really busy. But our goal is to give him the possibility to improve his condition and play with consistency

He had a problem on his calf, but in the game against Manchester United and against Liverpool he became tight and was not able to train at his best.
To avoid this, to give him the best situation, we prefer to keep him out for at least seven or 10 or 15 days

Much appreciated summary as always.

Thank You ;)

Carlo saying stuff like that may have Iwobi gone soon enough, as he may not have liked that at all
That in my opinion was the nearest Carlo has come to blowing his stack .It doesn't matter where he plays him if he can't pass the ball ,well I suppose if he shoots and scores that would be fine .It might come as a surprise to find he wants to be a goalie and his career to date has been a farce .

Inappropriate Language
Its even bizare it came up in a press meeting.
Alex fcking iwobi. Like he's some kind of great player not being played right.
Get to fck.
Nicking a living at this club.
Cheeky c**t.

The important point regarding Iwobi was very well aware of the post and he felt, unlike some on here, that the post was at least in part directed at him.
CA is far too experienced to get drawn into a silly row over this, but, I think his comments are very relevant for Iwobi.
Carlo is now at the club for fifteen months and supposedly is not aware of where Iwobi thinks is his best position.... which we assume is as a no. 10.
I do think that Iwobi may well be moved on during the summer , if possible. I doubt that the player will be moved to his favoured central spot and are we then keeping an unhappy player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back