2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
every so often I feel like i just have to rub my eyes and realise that we have Carlo Ancelotti and James!!
We're in great hands and it'll make a big difference if we just enjoy the ride for a while

There was a time that season when Tim Sherwood’s Villa had been relegation favourites and the basement club all season yet they won a game at home and were within three points of us. The Martinez fans laugh it off now but we were in a relegation battle that season no doubt about it. We went away to a terrible Newcastle team, scored first, and every Everton fan knew we wouldn’t win. We were awful.

Just looked that season up there now. We had 28 from 28 after a defeat at Stoke. We then got 16 points from the next 6 games to get out of trouble.

I think it must have been the fact we were still in Europe until March that made it seem better than it was. Either that, or I've just erased a lot of it from my memory. Some of the results were absolutely atrocious but thankfully I've little memory of them lol

Just looked that season up there now. We had 28 from 28 after a defeat at Stoke. We then got 16 points from the next 6 games to get out of trouble.

I think it must have been the fact we were still in Europe until March that made it seem better than it was. Either that, or I've just erased a lot of it from my memory. Some of the results were absolutely atrocious but thankfully I've little memory of them lol

I think Osman came back and we beat West Ham at home to start a mini run int he last few games. Before he was back though we could barely mount an attack.

Never knew Carlo Ancelotti was in Star Trek. Mind you, I'm always late to the party.

Carlo Trek .webp

There was a time that season when Tim Sherwood’s Villa had been relegation favourites and the basement club all season yet they won a game at home and were within three points of us. The Martinez fans laugh it off now but we were in a relegation battle that season no doubt about it. We went away to a terrible Newcastle team, scored first, and every Everton fan knew we wouldn’t win. We were awful.
Wasnt that the game were Garbutt pissed on his chips with an ill-advised interview, saying nobody knew wtf, they were supposed to be doing.
For that he got a new contract extension of £30,000 a week and then loaned out to obscurity...gotta love that Martinez

Edit; or was that another game were we didn't know wtf we were doing under Martinez...there were so many

Wasnt that the game were Garbutt pissed on his chips with an ill-advised interview, saying nobody knew wtf, they were supposed to be doing.
For that he got a new contract extension of £30,000 a week and then loaned out to obscurity...gotta love that Martinez

Edit; or was that another game were we didn't know wtf we were doing under Martinez...there were so many

Think it was that game. Martinez had taken Baines to the Allianz or something to watch Lahm in midfield then tried it against Newcastle with Garbutt at leftback. We scored early through Kone but were so bad everyone knew we wouldn’t win. That was against one of the worst sides in the league as well.

Think it was that game. Martinez had taken Baines to the Allianz or something to watch Lahm in midfield then tried it against Newcastle with Garbutt at leftback. We scored early through Kone but were so bad everyone knew we wouldn’t win. That was against one of the worst sides in the league as well.
I absolutely love that story. Baines came out and said something along the lines of “he took me to watch Lahm once and then for the next game said I want you to do that”. 1 game lol

That was one of the most depressing seasons in recent times. Barkley was forced to play left wing because Martinez insisted on shoehorning Naismith into the side as a number 10, we had absolutely no creativity and Lukaku scored 8 league goals from open play as a result. The Europa League group stage papered over a lot of very big cracks that season.

That was one of the most depressing seasons in recent times. Barkley was forced to play left wing because Martinez insisted on shoehorning Naismith into the side as a number 10, we had absolutely no creativity and Lukaku scored 8 league goals from open play as a result. The Europa League group stage papered over a lot of very big cracks that season.

The season of the 3 number 10s. Etoo Barkley and Naismith playing whilst Mirallas sat on the bench. Besic getting subbed off any time he played well because Martinez wanted to show the fans he was dead clever. The 3-0 loss to Southampton when we made no substitutes was probably the worst performance I can remember in a long long time.

The season of the 3 number 10s. Etoo Barkley and Naismith playing whilst Mirallas sat on the bench. Besic getting subbed off any time he played well because Martinez wanted to show the fans he was dead clever. The 3-0 loss to Southampton when we made no substitutes was probably the worst performance I can remember in a long long time.

No matter how unsuited the player, Martinez would fit them into that 4-2-3-1 god damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back