2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I find a bit weird about this? His league winners haul. Would have thought he'd have won more than 1 in any league. Hopefully we can make it 2 for him next year.
Having seen him in action for awhile now it makes sense that he's been a bit more prolific in Europe/Cups. He's great at coming up with plans for single games.

You know what I find a bit weird about this? His league winners haul. Would have thought he'd have won more than 1 in any league. Hopefully we can make it 2 for him next year.
I think he's more the man for the big occasion, rather than the type to build a well-oiled machine that sweeps all before them.

Having said that, Serie A was so bent at the time, there's no telling what went on in some of those seasons.

sorry Mr Magoo but I don’t really think you are genuine. There are plenty posters discussing concerns about little things here and there, you come across as either absolutely dying to go full on negative but are waiting until we lose a couple OR on a windup. Just my take from what youve posted. It’s very telling to bracket off other fans as Carlo Supporters as if it’s some kind of extreme position

one poster called another a rat, I would go check the subjects posting history before blithely passing it off as being as simple as being insulted for having a differing opinion, and it’s a bit of a weak defense unless you find common ground with said poster?

I don’t think anybody is blindly supporting right now, however many are not so concerned about us being less than perfect this season and will wait to see what he will build
Not on a wind up at all. and I'm not generally negative about Everton as I have seen it all over the years. I only came in to the thread on Monday to see what the reaction was, and was annoyed to see references to "rats". No more, no less, but some of the subsequent posts merely underlined my view that there are some on here who can't let even measured criticism go without resorting to insults. I can see that calling people "Carlo supporters" was disingenuous to a degree, after all I support him too as a fan of the club, but he isn't infallible. Having said all that, there are mitigating circumstances in the regular injuries to our better players and fatigue from the congested fixture schedule.

Worth nothing that in that first Martinez season, game 27 was a win over West Ham, a win that sparked a run of 7 straight league wins with that infamous defeat to Palace halting the run. We would need a similar run starting on Saturday to match that season’s total as back then we lost 3 of the last 5 which cost us Champion’s League

The continual tinkering is both his greatest strength and his Achilles heel. Interestingly, he has had the opposite result when compared to the league's other serial tinkerman (Pep), who is a beast over 38 games but has struggled in Europe at Bayern and City

We're a bit of a ways from hunting City down. Their goals allowed number becomes even more insane once you realize that they coughed up five to Leicester in September. United was only the second team to hang more than one on them this season, and that includes the cups. They're keeping a clean sheet over half the time in the league. That picks up some serious points over 38 games.

Of course, I'd have said much the same about our situation relative to that lot across the park 12 months ago. :D

Worth nothing that in that first Martinez season, game 27 was a win over West Ham, a win that sparked a run of 7 straight league wins with that infamous defeat to Palace halting the run. We would need a similar run starting on Saturday to match that season’s total as back then we lost 3 of the last 5 which cost us Champion’s League

The season following the 72 pointer must have been even worse than I imagined. 28 points from 27 games??? We would have been in a bit of trouble that year if we hadn't found a little bit of form in the last 10 games.

The season following the 72 pointer must have been even worse than I imagined. 28 points from 27 games??? We would have been in a bit of trouble that year if we hadn't found a little bit of form in the last 10 games.
That shocked me too to be fair, I remember having a bad run at some point that season but not to the extent that we hadn’t hit 40 points going into the home stretch

Can't beat positive thinking.

There was a time that season when Tim Sherwood’s Villa had been relegation favourites and the basement club all season yet they won a game at home and were within three points of us. The Martinez fans laugh it off now but we were in a relegation battle that season no doubt about it. We went away to a terrible Newcastle team, scored first, and every Everton fan knew we wouldn’t win. We were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back