Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo has proved to me he’s a bad mercenary and no one can be trusted in football, all the big talk about a project etc meant nothing. We as a football club deserve better I just hope the board get this one right otherwise I’m worried where we end up with this squad of players
TBH the squad has got worse over the season with Carlos guidance, so let’s hope a new manager can give some of them if not all a good kick up the back side. They need it they’ve had it to easy for to long.

Proving yet again that he is OK at managing a team of ready-made superstars but couldn't build a sandcastle on Crosby beach, let alone take a club with ptential and build them into something great.
We are very expensive relegation fodder.

TBH the squad has got worse over the season with Carlos guidance, so let’s hope a new manager can give some of them if not all a good kick up the back side. They need it they’ve had it to easy for to long.
I agree mate some of the football is the worst I’ve ever seen. If playing for Carlo ancelotti isn’t enough to give you a kick up the arse no other manager will sadly

This is a good point this, mid table Everton or RM, its not a hard choice

You see similar comments when players leave to go to successful clubs. People act like they're rats but they're not fans of the club and probably just see it as a job. Good players/managers want to be at the biggest clubs. The challenge for us in the next few years is getting to that level.

I didn't expect any loyalty from him or anyone else in football but i did hope for some level of integrity. He has shown he has none no loyalty(not unexpected) but more importantly absolutely no integrity in joining a club that sacked him not many years ago and who he moaned about when the super league was mooted. Let's hope they get banned by la liga and UEFA grow some and ban them from future European competitions.

A dark day in an awful 30 years this is.

I really can’t agree with this outlook. Someone came in, achieved nothing, played the most negative brand of football on the planet, and then left. I think we are more than capable of getting someone that can do better than 10th place. In fact, I think the most successful Everton manager of this millennium may be out of contract, or at least only has a short contract that could easily be bought out.

What do we even do now?. Eddie Howe would be going backwards. We only attracted Allan, and James because of Carlo, so we does this leave us now regarding transfers?. This is a massive step backwards.
You go out and get The BEST manager you can.

We have money, are building a stadium and do have some good players in spite of last season.

It’s another project for someone.

I would normally have been very down after a manager left us for a 'bigger' and 'better' club, but my disillusionment with football is now so great I hardly missed a heartbeat on hearing
Reaction is now 'so what', we lose or sack managers quicker than Watford or Chelsea. It's why in a way the Moyes years are now looked back on with some nostalgia by me. We never won anything but they were stable years with no real dramas.

Don't come to Everton to advance your career is the message our managerial merry-go-round gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back