Carlo At Everton.

Spain seems to charge almost every footballer about not paying taxes. And nobody does any time for it. They always get that "1 year and 11 month" sentence which is automatically reduced to a suspended sentence.
It's related to rulings on image rights being declared as income generated in Spain and the fact that everyone was using shell companies in tax havens to hide that money from the Spanish tax authorities. By using the shell companies they could claim it as corporate income and not personal income and avoided higher tax deductions which they are now being chased for and charged with fraud over.

Spanish tax authorities declared that the image rights were part of the contracts people had with spanish employers and therefore subject to Spanish tax.

Hard to say whether it was a bit of a rug pull by the government or not.

His time here is incredibly overrated by the majority of our supporters.
Certainly had the most expensive & highest paid squad since Mosh got his cheque book out.
10 place (or wherever) wasn’t exactly magnifico, especially considering where we where at Xmas.
Still can’t get over that story of being given a Rolls Royce for beating Spurs 🫨 (allegedly)
The football (when on song) was decent though.

His time here is incredibly overrated by the majority of our supporters.

Yes it is. Yes, he’s one of the greatest managers ever. Yes, we are now worse than we were then and I’d like to be simply mediocre again. Also yes, we played some absolutely shocking football that season and threw away a European spot that should’ve been wrapped up with games to spare. All of these things can be true and exist in the same universe.

He was poached to go back to Real - he lost interest in us around Christmas the results showed that - no I could not blame leaving a sinking ship, but then to sue us when in financial ruin was a kick in the @ick imo....
How did that action end up? I remember the story that he was suing us alright but don't remember anything further regarding the case.

We we're top 5 for most of the season, fell away by the end, and were 3 points from Europe and 8 from top 4.

Post him we have had 3 relegation scraps.

We finished below newly promoted Leeds.

The fact we’ve lurched from one disaster to the next in the time since that season doesn’t change how I felt at the time and doesn’t make me look back any more fondly on it.

The “good old days” were not that season. They were the Moyes years.

We we're top 5 for most of the season, fell away by the end, and were 3 points from Europe and 8 from top 4.

Post him we have had 3 relegation scraps.
I’m not saying it was bad, it just certainly wasn’t good.

We finished 10th and bar a 6 game spell at the start of the season, the football was utterly appalling.

I’m not saying it was bad, it just certainly wasn’t good.

We finished 10th and bar a 6 game spell at the start of the season, the football was utterly appalling.

Shows that even the best football manager that's ever graced the sport can't get this squad to play football.