2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand he wants to try and make it work here and he loves the fans but he's not made for the Premiership he needs a proper slower paced league and he'll do the business because he's a decent little player, I hope he'll move if an offer comes in for him instead of sticking around when Silva has made it quite obvious he isn't in future plans, I like him but it's just not worked out.

I think the reason Tosun has not worked out well is because we have not played to his strengths under Silva. Tosun is a box player, get him the ball in the box and and he can do the business, ask him to run around and get the ball in deep or wide positions and you wont get the best from him. I personally hope he stays and we use him properly next season. Even if its a plan B, the manager may want to play a certain way, and Tosun doesn't fit that, but there will be games where you need to have more than one way to attack the opposition.

I think the reason Tosun has not worked out well is because we have not played to his strengths under Silva. Tosun is a box player, get him the ball in the box and and he can do the business, ask him to run around and get the ball in deep or wide positions and you wont get the best from him. I personally hope he stays and we use him properly next season. Even if its a plan B, the manager may want to play a certain way, and Tosun doesn't fit that, but there will be games where you need to have more than one way to attack the opposition.

Those types of players aren't accommodated nowadays, even aguero had to change to stay at City.

He simply doesn’t have the pace to ply the way Silva wants. He’s not bad off the bench as a penalty box option or in games at home where we’re expecting a slow build up against a packed defence.

Done his knee ligaments apparently...

Won’t be getting sold any time soon then :rolleyes:

Translation:

Cenk Tosun has been removed from the candidate squad 31.05.2019
Cenk Tosun has been removed from the nomination
A national team played with Greece during the special match, followed by a coup and examinations today Cenk Tosun'in left knee cross-ligaments due to impact and edema. Following this development, Cenk Tosun was removed from the Turkish National Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.