2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying life with the Mrs. in an Aegean town.

Getting his paycheck every week, and not playing footy for like 2 years (combined with two injuries) I like him as posters may know already, but being stay away from injuries and feeling fit is part of sportsperson life. So he has to go before his contract ends, for the respect to the Club, think he's no Niasse I believe he will leave in January latest.

As many have said I’m not to bothered about the contract he was given as it’s not his fault but for the love of god use some of that money to buy some new trainers. They look like he’s had them since before he signed for us

no but he has a reasonable expectation to perform to a premier league standard whenever he is on the pitch, and he has done nothing of the sort.
He doesn't. The people that brought him here have created that expectation. He may not have had the ability to do so at all. And none of our forwards seem to light up the league as they get little to no service.

I think some people need to remove their blinkers.
I dont rate Cenk, but I dont see where he has done anything wrong at all. He was brought in, it hasnt worked out for him but both times hes gone out on loan he has picked up serious injuries. Whats the bloke supposed to do here? He hasnt caused any issues and has always at least tried when he has played. We have current first team players rinsing the club like Gylfi and Delph. Cenk is not a patch on Delph
Agree with you mate, as far as I’m concerned he is a waste of space, but, it’s on the club and more especially Moshiri who, reputedly, scouted Cenk himself . We paid far too much for him and gave him a contract which no other club would come close to matching, why would he leave.

Just one of our recent disastrous signings. We restart with a clean slate under Rafael and see who we can attract to replace garbage like Tosun.

He doesn't. The people that brought him here have created that expectation. He may not have had the ability to do so at all. And none of our forwards seem to light up the league as they get little to no service.
Been a regular scorer for the turkish national team, had form in Besiktas

Just on a free ride with us here, I see no reason to 'let him off the hook'

It's a shame that it hasn't worked out for Cenk Tosun, but I do feel that he was burdened with unreasonable expectations goals wise. His whole recruitment had a feel of someone looking up his stats on the internet and viewing a couple of five-minute videos of him on youtube, then thinking "this bloke seems good, let's buy him".
I'd be very surprised if he gets much playing time with us; hopefully, Rafå can use some of his connections and work on a plan with Brands to offload him. Deep down though, I'd love him to turn it around with us and start doing the business.

Been a regular scorer for the turkish national team, had form in Besiktas

Just on a free ride with us here, I see no reason to 'let him off the hook'
I'm not saying let him off the hook. But I would say that there may be a difference between the quality of football in Turkey and the Premier League. I would also say that international football is not necessarily a barometer to measure a player by either. Basically, we got our hopes up because the club signed a player for big money (probably on Allardyce's recommendation) and he wasn't as good as the price tag suggested. It happens. It is the management's fault more than anything.

Not annoyed with him personally but another dreadful mistake in the transfer market - far too slow and weak to play upfront in the PL with no exceptional attribute that may have compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.