Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams has literally never played better than Maupay. At best they’re equal and you’re just hoping it works out because he will probably win more headers.

Two straight years spending 15m on a striker everyone knows isn’t any good. A disaster.
Possibly, it’s all subjective right? Some people think is better, some don’t. I just think some fans are being more pragmatic (or desperate) given our current plight and are looking at his potential signing and a binary situation e.g. we either sign him or no one. Whether that’s a false equivalency I don’t know, but I do have sympathy with that view given how sh1t our Board are. I would hope we can all agree that if the situation stays as it is, and we bring no additional bodies in, we are in far more peril of relegation than not. I hope there is another signing in the cards e.g. a.Beto or a Ekitike, but it feels a little like Hobsons Choice to me.

But that's just repeating everything that has put us into this position. Last year was "well Maupay is better than Rondon" this year its "Adams is better than Maupay"; next year will be "well player C is better than Adams, and if he can score 7 goals"

We cannot keep going around in circles buying over priced average players. There is a world of footballers out there; we have more data analysts than first team players
Sorry responded to the wrong post before, I agree with what you are saying and if we were 10th and 10-15 points clear last season of the bottom three, there is no way on earth that this is my approach. Quick question for you then….if you absolutely know that the choice is Adams (and any difference he makes will be marginal ant best and may not avoid relegation) and no player in (which only marginally heightens our risk of relegation but we have no room for error) which choice do you go for?

Possibly, it’s all subjective right? Some people think is better, some don’t. I just think some fans are being more pragmatic (or desperate) given our current plight and are looking at his potential signing and a binary situation e.g. we either sign him or no one. Whether that’s a false equivalency I don’t know, but I do have sympathy with that view given how sh1t our Board are. I would hope we can all agree that if the situation stays as it is, and we bring no additional bodies in, we are in far more peril of relegation than not. I hope there is another signing in the cards e.g. a.Beto or a Ekitike, but it feels a little like Hobsons Choice to me.
Genuinely no one. We don’t have money to waste.

Sorry responded to the wrong post before, I agree with what you are saying and if we were 10th and 10-15 points clear last season of the bottom three, there is no way on earth that this is my approach. Quick question for you then….if you absolutely know that the choice is Adams (and any difference he makes will be marginal ant best and may not avoid relegation) and no player in (which only marginally heightens our risk of relegation but we have no room for error) which choice do you go for?
So waste money and possibly survive, or not to waste money and possibly survive?

I'd go with option C; ask our recruitment team to find someone better than Adams

This is another step toward relegation. Maybe it saves us this year. But then next summer when you need to improve again you’re out of money because you bought Che Adams. You don’t get to spend real money on bad players when you have no money and expect it won’t hurt you at some point.

Here’s how you can justify this: say I think Che Adams is a good player. Anyone?
My son in law is saints fan and an STH till movin here, he effing loves him! He is not my choice btw but will support him.

You don't like any single thing on this great earth btw

My son in law is saints fan and an STH till movin here, he effing loves him! He is not my choice btw but will support him.

You don't like any single thing on this great earth btw
Does he think he’s good at football? I’m still looking for one person to justify this by saying Che Adams is a good PL footballer. Anyone out there?

For recruitment they genuinely are not the best thing to look at but you’re not here for a honest discussion
Every now and then I click the unignore button and I'm seldom disappointed 🤣🤣. How are Haaland's XA numbers? Shame about all those "low value" goals he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.