Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of words mate and I'm sure there is some insight there but in short mate, only a very small % of footballers can sign for Liverpool or Man City so if players are looking for a stepping stone, historically, doing well at Everton has always got you a good move.

Rooney
Arteta
Pienaar
Richarlison
Fellaini
Lukaku
Saha
Rodwell
Xavier
Barmby
Barkley
Stones
Lescott
Gordon

*runs*

Haven't really seen many acknowledge that Adams is in good form right now at least. 2 goals in 2 games off the bench for Southampton. I don't particularly rate the lad but I don't doubt he can get us 4-5 goals this season, which is a massive improvement over what we got last season from our 9's

I assumed his name was Chester but there is a saying about people who make assumptions!?

Chester Adams..webp

You have to admire the imagination and effort!

It’s only going to end in tears this signing!

I can’t believe some fans are trying to sugarcoat it! He provides back up for DCL but he doesn’t improve us, everyone will want him gone within 12 months.

Poor scouting that’s what we come up with!

Rondon was in his 30s and had already done semi retirement by going to China. On top of a proven record of not scoring much in the PL.

I think West Ham or Villa would view him as a useful squad man, I really do. Unfortunately I think we're going to have to rely on him more if DCL's injuries persist.
Ronon scored at similar ratio to Adams in the premier League, and was a better player when younger.

I don't see him as much different to Maupay, surely we need someone who can do similar to what DCL does

If Adams is the best we can come up with we'd be better off keeping the money and giving Chermiti playing time once Calvert Lewin's injuries kick in. Signing Adams would be akin to signing Maupay last summer, this time next year we will have Adams available for transfer but on too much money for us to be able to sell him. Like so many others, he will end up on loan, with Everton paying a large part of his wages.

I am desperate for us to sign a centre forward, but not this one.

This is the part that irks the most. Don't know why people are acting like we couldn't sign a starting striker with that much money. Regardless of how poor we've been over the past 2 years, money talks.
My only hope is we somehow shift Maupay for 12m so that we break even on adams and still need another striker
Maupay for 12m ? Honestly, I’m not sure if you’re joking. If this is a joke, good one ha. If you are serious…..

Said it before, he's a long way from being my first choice but I do understand the thinking here. We need a focal point striker and that's what he does. He's strong, holds the ball up really well and brings other people into play. People look at him and see that he's only 5ft 9in, but he's a target man in the same way Mark Hughes used to be. You only need to go back and look at the game against Southampton at Goodison last season and watch Adams bullying Tarkowski.

I'd hoped we might be aiming higher than Adams, but if a target striker is what we want (Daka absolutely wouldn't have fit the bill here) then I do at least get the logic of the move given the state of our finances. He'll do a job and yes, even though the bar is comically low, he'd be far better than Maupay

If Adams is the best we can come up with we'd be better off keeping the money and giving Chermiti playing time once Calvert Lewin's injuries kick in. Signing Adams would be akin to signing Maupay last summer, this time next year we will have Adams available for transfer but on too much money for us to be able to sell him. Like so many others, he will end up on loan, with Everton paying a large part of his wages.

I am desperate for us to sign a centre forward, but not this one.
It's been going on for a decade. For me, it started with Bolasie. Far too much money for somebody proven bang average. Threw a five-year contract at him on massively inflated wages and simply could not sell, in fact even struggled at times to even loan him out. Funnily enough we loaned him to Villa, who just a few years later are now head and shoulders ahead of us. Imagine us being able to send one of our cast-offs to Emery and Villa now! 😂

Keane, Mina, Iwobi, Gomes, Tosun, Walcott, Gbamin, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Maupay and worst of all Sigurdsson.. all £15m + signings (just shy of about £300m total) that either have or will end up leaving the club for free.

Let's also not forget that we lost 90% of what we paid on Schneiderlin as well.

Every single one of those players, for one reason or another, has proven to a disaster and there has been zero interest in any club in the world wanting to give us money for their services. £300m plus wages down the toilet, probably closer to £450m all-in, or to look at it a different way, 60% of the entire cost of the new stadium.

So what does the club do instead of going after proven bang average talent? Go and sign Che Adams! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back