Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in the final year of his contract. Southampton won't be putting up too much of a fight. If we were in their position though we'd be looking to strike a good deal, as their season's already started and there isn't much time to sort out a replacement.

Please don't embarrass us Everton. Get this sorted quickly.

Iwobi is in the last year of his contract and we could never in a million years dream of getting £20m for him, so why should we cave in to Southampton’s ridiculous demands? They know they can take the piss with it because it’s us, and we’re so desperate we always end up caving. It’s exactly the same with Leeds and Gnonto.

Didn't the Bobble yesterday say that the deal was up to £12 mill (maybe including bonuses), so we didn't necessarily bid 12 mill, in the first place. Southampton would be mad to accept our first offer, its always testing the waters and margins for the eventual deal.

It’s us so why wouldn’t they demand £25m? We’ve set a precedent that we’ll pay these fees in the past, and now that it’s the last two weeks of the window we are more likely to end up panicking and paying it as we have no time to move on to alternatives. This is what happens when you leave your most important business til the last week of the window. Complete car crash of a club, nothing has changed.
This is exactly what will happen...

'Captain Acumen' aka Bill in all his astuteness strikes again. 🤦‍♂️

Didn't the Bobble yesterday say that the deal was up to £12 mill (maybe including bonuses), so we didn't necessarily bid 12 mill, in the first place. Southampton would be mad to accept our first offer, its always testing the waters and margins for the eventual deal.
Yeah the up to is key. It’s us so the structure will be horrible. If we plonked 12m cash on the table they’d shake hands right away.

My suspicion is we’ve put a pretty crap offer in for him that could reach 12m but over a long period, now are very publicly briefing it’s a 12m offer in the hope that Adams and his people help by putting the pressure on to accept.

Think if we want him we can tweak this one to get him but just because it’s getting a running commentary in public doesn’t mean it’s the only iron in the fire.

If £12m was their first offer, then it's clear they've learned nothing. I'd offer that only as part of a deal with the most ambitious add-ons.

This will be our last-minute transfer deadline day salvage operation, and will serve as "consolation" for the post-deadline departure of Amadou Onana which will come too late for replacements to be signed as per a Talksport exclusive interview with Farhad Moshiri the following morning. "Good ebenig, Jim."

"Farhad! Good morning!"

….it’s weird, posters saying Dyche wants a man mountain CF like Weghorst to support his hoofball then suggest a 5ft 9in counter-attacker like Adam’s is a also a Dyche signing. Maybe they just don’t like Dyche.
I do like Dyche, but Che Adams isn't a counter attacking style striker. He's better known as a hold up player, Dyche has played with smaller strikers before, Ashley Barnes, Danny Ings. The reason I'm saying that it isn't a Thelwell signing is it's going against what he said that his policy would be, younger players with resale value. Adams is vastly different profile to El Bilal Toure, Willy Gnonto and Chermitti. With Adams I just see him being a backup to DCL, the Maupay signing last year was exactly this type.

Yeah the up to is key. It’s us so the structure will be horrible. If we plonked 12m cash on the table they’d shake hands right away.

My suspicion is we’ve put a pretty crap offer in for him that could reach 12m but over a long period, now are very publicly briefing it’s a 12m offer in the hope that Adams and his people help by putting the pressure on to accept.

Think if we want him we can tweak this one to get him but just because it’s getting a running commentary in public doesn’t mean it’s the only iron in the fire.

Its all tension building mate and each side setting their boundaries, we will have low balled with a year on his contract, knowing he can pre contract abroad for in 6 months or move to us for free in 12. Southampton will know we are desperate for a forward and will pull the breaks to build that pressure. he fact it took a couple of days for it to be turned down, will mean likely they arent far.

The lad doesn't strike me as the type to do anything publicly, i believe hes a good lad, besides hes in the money leaving on a free if he doesn't get a move to us.

Its in everyones interests to get this done as far as i can see.

Heard yesterday Dyche really likes him, he went in for him at Burnley when he was at Brum - but he went to Southampton.

Iwobi is in the last year of his contract and we could never in a million years dream of getting £20m for him, so why should we cave in to Southampton’s ridiculous demands? They know they can take the piss with it because it’s us, and we’re so desperate we always end up caving. It’s exactly the same with Leeds and Gnonto.

Part of the issue is that BK uses it as a strategy, as he thinks others cave, but as you say we tend too as that pressure is 2 way thing.

In fairness we haven't caved recently, but we just haven't closed the deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.