Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninspiring, predictable and proves that after 2 years of a headless chicken striker hunt, we’re very much in the panic stations now.

Having said that I actually think he will be OK… not great, not prolific by any means but along side a fully fit DCL hopefully (I know clutching at straws) A Dyche system player?

*runs*

But it is grim I can’t lie.

As has been said many , many times on here when talking about Maupay.

"There's a Whole World of Centre Forwards out there "

Our scouting has hit the jackpot here eh ?
There isn't a whole world of centre forwards queueing up to join one of the worst teams in the Premier League, the ones that would like to join us probably aren't going to improve us. Welcome to Everton 2023.

There isn't a whole world of centre forwards queueing up to join one of the worst teams in the Premier League, the ones that would like to join us probably aren't going to improve us. Welcome to Everton 2023.
We are shopping for a car with a 3 grand budget and people still expecting a Range Rover with low mileage.
This in theory is a dependable Skoda that will run, and hopefully get us around when the unreliable but much better Volvo Xx 60 Is in the garage.
We are not turning heads though.

Good in the air
Good at holding the ball up
Good at being a link player

Exactly the things Dom does to make the team miles better even when not slotting.

Thats correct. He'd be a hard working player (like Harrison) who is effective at certain things.

The issue is, next season we're stuck with him. With the only hope from this entire transfer window that Chermiti develops rapidly.

The rest of the signings will be (and should be) gone next summer -- along with all but 1 of our attacking midfielders (McNeil) and a kid (Dobbin).

So if we are reportedly getting Gnonto for 25 and Adams for 12, that's 37mil we could spend on a striker alone for probably the same wage hit
Infinitely better idea imo
Gnonto is a luxury we don't need as much as a good striker

In 9months we will all be hoping Adams is sold. Like weve all been hoping Iwobi, Gray, Maupay, Keane etc would all be sold this summer.

Next summer the 3 behind the striker will be McNeil, Dobbin and Mills. Because there are no others under contract at the moment -- and i wouldnt want to extend any of them anyway.

If we sign Adams then it is imperative that Gnonto and another top u21 sign permanently...

...or next summer we will literally have 1 attacking midfielder and 2 kids.

Completely and utterly uninspiring. A non scoring centre forward being brought in to solve our goal scoring issue. Will play more often than not due to perma-crock DCL not being able to string 4 games together and we’ll all be frothing at the mouth in 6 months that a 27 year old striker who’s only scored 25 goals in 4 seasons is not bagging like Gerd Muller. What a typical Everton move. Sigh.

We are shopping for a car with a 3 grand budget and people still expecting a Range Rover with low mileage.
This in theory is a dependable Skoda that will run, and hopefully get us around when the unreliable but much better Volvo Xx 60 Is in the garage.
We are not turning heads though.
I'm still unhappy with the prospect of Adams however, but this problem has not been unforseen, and is on the board 100%.

Hes basically going to be our 'Firmino'.

But instead of Mane, Salah and the like we've got Harrison, Danjuma, Doucoure, Iwobi, Gray and...McNeil (the only one under contract in 9months).

Theres nothing. Nothing at all for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.