Cheap eats anywhere (excluding Macs and B King)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
There is a wide range of these islands covered by GOT so I wondered if any particular chippies or cafes in your region or those visited elsewhere could be recommended.

I visited both Llanberis and Holyhead last week and came across one cheap and one not so cheap.

Llanberis has a place called Petes Eats, its caters for ramblers and climbers, its basically a dockland cafe with useful info. I tried one of the four all day breakfasts on offer, the 'even bigger breakfast' and it was enormous and very very tasty. The place also caters for those weirdo vegans so all tastes are catered for. I would recommend it to anyone.

Holyhead has two, the first is the Harbour bistro situated behind the maritime museum. Its food is more expensive but delicious. if you want cheaper try the Angel chippie by the fire station, open all hours and serves by far the best chippie meals in the town

Eat for less is a decent place if its a franchise elsewhere.

1.50 jacket potatoes, 1.75 meal deals wirh baguettes, paninis etc

basically the most you pay is 2.25 and get a can and a portion of fries with it.

basically the most you pay is 2.25 and get a can and a portion of fries with it.

Got the meal deal with fries once. They were basically cardboard. Sarnies are sound for the price though.

Thats true but the problem with franchise places they are normally impersonal and the menu basically homogenised. Go to a small place on recommendation is much better in my opinion. In Ormskirk you can go to Costa, Starbucks and Wetherspoons but none match the Gallery or Primrose Nursery, both produce their own food and the coffee beats both.

Got the meal deal with fries once. They were basically cardboard. Sarnies are sound for the price though.

Thats true but the problem with franchise places they are normally impersonal and the menu basically homogenised. Go to a small place on recommendation is much better in my opinion. In Ormskirk you can go to Costa, Starbucks and Wetherspoons but none match the Gallery or Primrose Nursery, both produce their own food and the coffee beats both.

Well yeah, food isn't top quality i must admit but if you just get a cold baguette then its that with filling, can't complain for a pound.

@monty It isn't personal at all mate no, mis interpreted what you were after sorry!

Take it you've been. It poured down at times last week but people queued outside for their food, we were very impreessed
The cafe opposite the Electric hydro in Llanberris s great value and good food too with free parking with lake 5 mins away the lasagne and chips sat down is great - staff our nice too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back