Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very solid team performance away to one of the teams that will be still fighting for the league next April,

There were a number of valid shouts for man of the match. Pickford, Mina, Digne, Geuye, Siggy and Gomes all had very good games. Nobody played poorly. But my vote has to go to Mina. His first competitive game since playing England in the WC, and also his first game in the Premiership. Away to a top team with their full side out. One of the best forward lines in the league if not Europe, second top scorers in the league and not failed to score at home in any competition this season. He played like he has been part of our defensive set up since the first game of the season. can't praise him enough me.

Surely he can only get better as he get's match fit and used to the pace of the league and his team mates.

But it's all relative.

We can be disappointed at not getting more v Arsenal or United because we had our chances and played well and Utd especially were out of form.

But today we went up against a side who had not failed to score at home this season and are still unbeaten in all competitions. We went out to win, but in the second half got pressed back by a very good side. We could have created more but just lacked a bit of composure. It's all about levels and development and we're slowly getting there.

Need to move onto the Cardiff game now and keep the momentum going.

For me mate, I look at those performances away, translate them to the natural increase you get at home and feel very very confident about all three return fixtures

Happy with the performance today,pity Bernie and Walcott blew it when they had great chances to score,next 4 games before city should get at least 10pts;)

I've seen many a refs fall for Morata's diving. He didn't do bad. I don't have that much of a problem w/ the Mina foul, just the yellow. The foul on Siggy was admittedly hard to see how bad it was in real time. I just wish fouls like that were reviewed even post game.

I don't think Lookman is really any different from Lozano, who we already own.

Disagree on the siggy tackle, could see if straight away, got shrugged off the ball a couple of times and dived in because he lost his rag and was two footed and no intent on playing the ball

Only show what they want to show. Made it look like we got bummed

That jorginho tackle gets worse every time. Not just a red that's probably the worst tackle of the season. Got frustrated so juaf lunged at his ankle. That rule where if you've been booked so can't be banned is a disgrace. He should be serving at least a 3 game ban for that

You think of richarlison missing 3 games for moving his head and he won't miss anything for trying to break siggys ankle

Game is on its arse

I think another encouraging thing from today is that Silva showed he's willing to adapt depending on the circumstances. Yes, he most certainly wouldn't have been too happy with our sloppiness on the ball, but we were well organised today off it and that's no fluke. He set up the team to, first and foremost, close Chelsea out and we succeeded (few hairy moments aside like).

Top performance and the team is really taking shape.

The team though is crying out for a real number 9. so I hope Silva can fix that soon but the team is developing
a style of play and has a real physical edge.

Gilfi was my MOM because he was everywhere, hit two amazing passes and played on after being nobbled. But Seamus
who although not technically gifted adds guts and feeling was also good as were Gana, Gomez and the entire defence.

Two moans: Walcott again showed why he is not the bees knees with his lack of ball control a problem he shares with Calvert-Lewin.

Status
Not open for further replies.